This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

It would be an understatement to say that I love concerts. The excitement building up to the show, the adrenaline of seeing the artists step on stage for the first time, and the happiness of hearing my favorite songs live makes the price of the ticket and travel expenses more than worth it in my opinion. After attending seven concerts in the last eighteen months, I thought it would be fun to rank them! Complete with my own picture from each show, here’s my ranking:

7. Harry Styles Love On Tour

This is going to be so controversial, I know. Don’t get me wrong, I love Harry to the moon and back. He means so much to me and is a great performer, but I was honestly a little underwhelmed by his Raleigh show. I still had so much fun and am very glad I went, but the others on the list trump this show. Now, if I had been at a show in NYC or LA this ranking would probably be much higher up. I did appreciate the bright pink outfits though.

6. LANY Summer Forever Tour

This concert was a last minute decision but I’m so glad I went. I don’t know all the ins and outs of LANY’s music but my friends were going and tickets were $25 so I hopped on the opportunity. I learned the songs on the setlist in a week and now it would be hard to find one of my playlists without a LANY song on it. The setlist was perfect and I had so much fun. The only thing keeping this show this low on my list is how much I love the others above it. 

5. Jonas Brothers Remember This Tour

Seeing this concert was another last minute decision that ended up being amazing. We ended up on the seventh row and it was such a fun experience. The Jonas Brothers were having so much fun and the energy was so high during the whole show. They have never been one of my absolute favorite artists but I’ve been obsessed with Joe since 2010 so I took the opportunity to see them and they definitely came through.

4. 5 Seconds of Summer Take My Hand Tour

Seeing 5SOS in real life made my love for them skyrocket. They seemed to have so much fun on stage and were so unserious. From Ashton barking back at us to them showing their skits before the show, it was so so fun. Getting to be on the fifth row definitely made it that much better but I would have had the best time anywhere. Their setlist was amazing and it was super cool to hear a few unreleased songs.

3. P1Harmony P1oneer Tour

I thought being in a general admission pit for this concert would kind of ruin the experience, but it honestly made it better. Even though I was at the back of the pit I still had so much fun. I had space to jump and dance around which added to my enjoyment. Three of the members even walked straight through our side of the pit and I ended up less than two feet away from them. They are another group that was having so much fun on stage but still shocked me with their performance skills. P1Harmony definitely made our twelve hour drive more than worth it.

2. BTS Permission to Dance in LA

I could not believe me and my friends even got tickets to this. It was four nights only in LA and the ticket demand was more than high. I flew across the country right before finals week for this and it was SO worth it. I got to see BTS at their very first post-pandemic concert which was so special. I may or may not have shed a tear. There was over 50,000 people there which made it slightly overwhelming, but it was more than worth it. The energy was so high since everyone was so excited to be there after the pandemic. ARMYs were so nice and made the experience even better. I left even more in love with BTS than I was before.

1. ENHYPEN Manifesto World Tour

I could talk about this show for hours. It was my first time in NYC, which also did not disappoint, and I found myself waiting on the sidewalk outside the venue for hours before the doors opened. While a lot of people would think this would ruin the experience, it made it better. I made new friends who I still talk to and hang out with six months later. Our seats were way closer than they looked online and we got so many little interactions with the members. This tour was ENHYPEN’s first tour and it was so fun to see them as rookies. Their performances were amazing and of course I left more obsessed than I was before. 

Hopefully this inspired you to go see a concert! You absolutely don’t have to fly across the country or drive twelve hours to see a good show. I encourage you to look at what artists are coming near you. You could be surprised! 

Amanda Bell is a student writer for the Her Campus chapter at North Carolina State University. This is her second year being a student writer. She is an avid music and pop culture fan and loves writing about events and experiences related to that. Her love of K-Pop is very obvious in her articles, but she enjoys writing about all kinds of music. Amanda is a junior at NC State majoring in Communication Media with a minor in Music Studies. Her dream job would be working in public relations for a record company. She has always been drawn to the music industry which led to her choosing her major and minor duo. Amanda hopes to get the opportunity to study abroad next year to broaden her understanding of the music industry across the world. She was raised in Youngsville, North Carolina, which is about an hour outside of Raleigh. When she is not writing for Her Campus, she enjoys hanging out with friends, listening to music, and traveling. Amanda’s favorite activity is to attend concerts, and it is even better if she gets to travel to a new place for them. Among her favorite concert destinations are New York City, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. She hopes to continue traveling and attending concerts through her last two years of college and after graduation.