Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Canva
Wellness

Trendy and Cute Activities to do That Won’t Make Your Bank Account Cry!

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

It will always be important to maintain a good work-life balance, especially with being a current college student. Stay on top of your assignments and studying, us babies need to maintain that hot girl GPA somehow. But in the midst of it all, all we want to do is have a good time with either our friends or by ourselves in a way that does not hurt our precious pockets. Below I have listed my top three activities that are not going to make your bank account cry and yet still have such a fun time doing.

activity one

https://pin.it/2lxntWR

First, we have an orange garland. My best friend and I have personally made ourselves some last year and let me tell you it was the cutest bonding activity for us. The orange garland is so cute for bedroom or dorm decorations, especially when paired with twinkle lights on the walls. The only items needed to make this was an oven, just a few oranges to slice, and any string of your choice. Directions to the orange garland can be found below. We always get compliments on our garland anytime people notice, and it makes me love it even more. For the bonus, the baking of the orange slices made my home smell so good too!
https://youtu.be/AMPE9ckNnzk?feature=shared

activity two

https://pin.it/7rlPeIu

Next on the list is going to the Lego store. I know, some people are not huge Legos fans but hear me out. Your friends all going to the Lego store, and you all build a Lego figure for each other. All with clothes and accessories that suit them well. You can even get a deal when you buy three Lego figures. And once the figures are complete, you can once again take pictures of the mini versions of your friends and then place them in your rooms. I have done this a couple times and I had so much fun searching through all the bins of Lego pieces and bonding with my best people.

activity three

https://pin.it/3M3Dudb

Lastly, we have DIY baby tees. This one is my favorite just because of how easy it can be to gather the supplies and versatile with any type of saying or vision you have, because it is your own clothing design. The supplies needed are an iron, any t-shirt type you are comfortable in, iron-on lettering or patches, and parchment paper. In my opinion, pair this crafty DIY with a fun beverage, food, and your favorite album and you have a great night-in hangout with your people. The best way to go is to look up inspiration on Pinterest of course and plan accordingly. Instructions for the iron-on process can be found easily on either TikTok, YouTube, or the back of your lettering and patches!

Alexandra Byrne is a member and writer of Her Campus at North Carolina State University. This is her first year of joining Her Campus of 2023. She is in charge of producing and publishing articles, attending meetings, and to encourage support and collaboration for her team. Other than contributing to Her Campus, Alexandra was an extensive member of her high school's student government. Establishing leadership, community service events, and understanding the importance of equity in governing roles. She so then became an active member of her school's Genders and Sexualities Alliance club, in which greater expanded her support for the LGBTQ+ community, as well as hosting school fundraiser events for her local community. Alexandra has a huge green thumb. While being a part of her school's Earth Club, her love mother nature grew. She has contributed to the funds and support of her high school's building of a greenhouse, and so then helped her local community understand the whole heartly importance of sustainability. Alexandra is a freshman at NC State University with the intended major of Civil Engineering. In the next years, she aims to travel as much as possible, and love the career planned for her in the near future. Now here is a little more insight of who Alexandra really is about. Alexandra was born and raised in Concord, North Carolina. She is the oldest of three daughters, so it is safe to say she knows a thing or two about how to share with others. She absolutely loves to go on a spree at any local thrift store among her radius, sipping on iced coffee, reading romance books, and sharing laughs with her close friends. Alexandra is a heavy music listener. She enjoys relating to the entirely of Taylor Swifts and Phoebe Bridgers discography, attending any underground concert she can find, and making thoughtful playlists for her friends.