This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

With Spring Break just around the corner, it feels like summer is coming up quickly! To get excited for what’s to come in a month or two, here are the best ten songs for your Summer 2023 Playlist!

1. Cruel Summer – Taylor Swift

A staple for any summer playlist, Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift just has the best summer vibes. Not to mention, the whole color palette for the Lover album is perfect for your summer closet, so be sure to listen to this song when you’re getting ready for your favorite summer pastime!

2. Boy’s A Liar Pt. 2 – PinkPantheress & Ice Spice

Boy’s a Liar Pt. 2 is the song for all the girls having a hot girl summer this year! Even if a hot girl summer isn’t your thing this year, Ice Spice’s verse is just too catchy to ignore. PinkPantheress and Ice Spice came together to release a song that could definitely be in the running for the song of the summer this year!

3. Keep Driving – Harry Styles

Amelia Kramer-Golden Hour Country Road Trip
Amelia Kramer / Her Campus

Even though this song came out a little while ago, it gives the perfect vibes for a summer playlist. Keep Driving by Harry Styles is full of catchy rhythms and rhymes, and it’ll be stuck in your head all day.

4. Windows Down – Big Time Rush

More of a throwback, Windows Down by Big Time Rush has been one of my favorite summer songs since it came out so long ago! Who knew that a Nickelodeon boy band could release such a perfect song for summer?! This song is perfect to blare with your windows down, just like the name says!

5. What Once Was – Her’s

What Once Was is a staple for your summer playlist. It’s nostalgic and makes me feel so excited for warm months and vacations! It’s perfect to put on during a summer drive or a sleepover with your friends, so be sure to add this one to your playlist!

6. Hell N Back – Bakar

eup 108 04292019 ec 01031 14246?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
HBO

Every time I hear this song it reminds me of summer, so why not add it to a summer playlist? This song is perfect for a hike with friends or reading at the beach, and it would be perfect over your Instagram story photo dumps!

7. The Thrill – Wiz Khalifa & Empire of the Sun

Anna Schultz-Friends Laughing In Holiday Pajamas
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

This song is overflowing with summer vibes, and the combination of Wiz Khalifa’s lyrics over Empire of the Sun’s catchy beat is infectious. This song is perfect for doing crafts, playing games with your friends or getting ready for the day.

8. Brazil – Declan Mckenna

Even though it was released nearly six years ago, Brazil by Declan McKenna recently rose back into popularity through TikTok over the past year. It’s a nostalgic song that always reminds me of summer and gets me excited to be out of school. Brazil is a perfect addition to your playlist for long drives with the windows down!

9. The Color Violet – Tory Lanez

Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Canva

A more laid-back and relaxed song, The Color Violet reminds me of late nights with my friends or driving around my hometown late at night. It’s perfect to add to your playlists if you don’t want every song to be super happy and upbeat.

10. 7 Summers – Morgan Wallen

With the word summer in the name, Morgan Wallen’s 7 Summers has a sweet guitar tune that always reminds me of warm weather and vacations. Sharing a nostalgic and romantic story, I love belting this song with my friends in the car, and I can’t wait to listen to it this summer!

Whether you’ve already had spring break, or you’re still counting down the days like me, maybe making a summer playlist will be the perfect way to pass the time!

Hi! My name is Abby Shoemaker, and I'm a first-year student at North Carolina State University majoring in both industrial and systems engineering and psychology! I love reading, listening to music (especially Ariana Grande and Juice WRLD), shopping, and swimming. When I'm not writing or with my friends, you'll find me organizing something, doing my nails, or watching those 5-hour deep dive videos on YouTube.