This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Lana Del Rey, a person and a saying used to describe all aspects of life. Over the past few years, Lana Del Rey’s career began to gain more traction, largely because of TikTok and the leaking of previously unreleased music. With that came a string of new fans listening to old music; with all the popularity gained, you would not think that some of those albums were produced more than a decade ago. There are two sides to Lana’s career, the music, and the aesthetic.

Even in her earliest days Lana was coveted for her ‘not really caring’ attitude when it came to how celebrities should act. From wearing a dress from the mall to the Grammys to asking where her vape is on stage, Lana’s realness is what drawls in so many people. The Lana Del Rey aesthetic is a range of all things as she has taken on different eras and put it into music that everyone can relate to. This is our interpretation of some of our favorite Lana Del Rey eras:

(all cigarettes are FAKE)

This is what we would like to call coquette Lana. When seeing a coquette outfit it is usually something dainty and feminine. Most brands have taken this style and mass produced it, but it has a somewhat old-fashioned vibe that can’t be reproduced.

It is not a reach to say Lana has a southern feel to her style while being from the north. This is why the Lana aesthetic is many thing. It can be classy, dainty, vintage outfit or a pair of beat up boots with torn jeans usually accompanied by a cigarette. As the beginning of Lanas career was mainly this Americana-core, we had to include it, and of course chose Waffle House as the backdrop after Lana’s recent brief stint as an employee.

In her record “Lust For Life” Lana is pictured in a white dress with flowers in her hair. As her latest tour blowed through the southern United States, one of the most recreated outfit was this album cover. We decided to mix this idea with concepts from her most recent album photoshoot.

The 2019 Gucci Campaign starring Lana was a big moment. As Gucci reworked her 60’s American aesthetic to promote their fragrance, it created one of her most influential looks. The green jumpsuit with a stoned undershirt was anything but normal for her everyday style choices.

Our last inspiration was taken from her earlier albums. She was able to convey the old money aesthetic in different way. In fur coats and pearls she described the American old money vibe, but it still had a touch of the everyday life to these outfits.

Lana Del Rey’s impact is one that has changed the face of music and social media. Through her sultry music to her quirky personality, there are so many layers to her, that were so fun to explore.

STYLISTS: Cameron Crews, Ava Stewart, and Paige Hill

MAKEUP ARTIST: Marissa Fahy

HAIRSTYLIST: Marissa Fahy and Emma Huber

PHOTOGRAPHER: Cameron Crews

MODELS: Maggie McCrostie, Isa Verna, Kelsey Griswold, Eleanor Slyman, and Paige Hill

ADDITIONAL HELP: Ava Stewart

LOCATIONS: Stanhope Student Apartments, Waffle House, and Dorothea Dix Park

CLOTHES PROVIDED BY: Cameron Crews, Ava Stewart, and Paige Hill

Paige Hill is the Recuirtment Director at the NC State chapter of Her Campus! She is responsible for finding potential new members and helping coordinate photoshoots. This is her second year at Her Campus and first year as Recruitment Director. Outside of Her Campus Paige is an active member of her community. She went to Swansboro High School and during her time there set up a prom attire donation for the school. During her free time she would participate in beach clean ups, tutoring elementary school kids, and speeches about ocean pollution! Summer of 2023 she attended a study abroad program focusing on climate change in Italy. This year she will be volunteering at a dental clinic as she works towards her goal of being a dentist. Paige was raised in Greenville, NC, with her older sister. She started her pageant career in eighth grade where she found her love of fashion. Over the years Paige has gotten to attend NYFW and work with Sherri Hill in designing dresses for various national pageants! She is a huge Harry Styles and Lana Del Rey fan. She has seen Stevie Nicks, Harry Styles, SZA, and The Eagles in concert. Her favorite movie genre is psychological horrors.