The Importance of a Sunday Night Reset

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

I am a strong believer that the environment you place yourself in is crucial to how you set yourself up for the week! My personal favorite way to prepare for the week ahead is to have a Sunday night reset. Taking a mental break to do laundry, tidy up my room, and have a night of selfcare is the best way to clear your mind and plan your week ahead by allocating time for these methods of self care.

First things first. Clorox wipes are my lifeline to first wipe down my entire living space followed by taking out the trash, washing my sheets and making my bed! The toughest part of my deep clean has to be the mess my room has become after a weekend of fun with my friends and then face the mess I have created, which I know many of us can relate to. I also find the task of laundry to be so daunting, honestly due to the fact that I live in a sorority house where everyone is trying to wash clothes at the same time.

After I do the boring part (aka cleaning), I move on to writing down my schedule on my desk notepad and planning appointments, work, meetings, and classes on my google calendar. This leaves my mind relieved to know I have my homework and preplanned events already accounted for for the week ahead, therefore letting me focus on my favorite part of my Sundays: the everything shower.

The everything shower may be the best thing to have ever happened for women and our mental health. A shower where you use all your fancy scrubs, body washes, and shampoos may be the best feeling and leave you feeling so incredibly refreshed. I then do my extensive 10 step skincare routine that leaves me feeling refreshed and revitalized for the week ahead.

The perfect nightcap is a cup of tea, Gossip Girl, and cuddling up in your fresh sheets. The Sunday night reset has a become a part of my week I used to dread to prep for the week ahead, but honestly have come to look forward to. Next week try having a Sunday night reset and see how your start to your week is improved!

Wynn Ireland is a member of Her Campus at NC State University and is passionate about writing, and sharing her voice on current subject matters. She also loves the opportunity to share her voice to empower women and give a female narrative to current society and the implications of such. Wynn is a sophomore at North Carolina State University and is a political science major with a pre legal focus. She is minoring in journalism and is especially passionate about Her Campus due to this interest. She is an active member of the Delta Zeta sorority and the mental health chairman of her chapter. Wynn is an advocate for mental health and works to promote mental wellness on campus and in her sorority. She is a passionate volunteer and through high school she was president of her school’s junior civitan chapter and her student body classes’ vice president. Wynn is one of the biggest swifties you will ever meet, and you can often find her with her headphones in listen to Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) on repeat. Wynn enjoys reading, writing, and spending time with her sorority sisters, family, and 2 pups. She is an unintentional beauty guru who often cannot be found without a Sephora order in the mail. On top of everything else you can often also catch her having “grandma time” where she sits and crotches while watching early 2000s romcoms with a cup of hot tea.