Taking Classes This Summer? Still Have A Fun Summer!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Are you taking classes this summer? I know that if you’re going to be in classes for one or both summer sessions you can feel like school is dragging on and you won’t truly have a summer. Here are different things you can do to take classes and still have the best summer yet!

• Figure out your summer schedule. By doing this you can see when you have free time for plans. Try to get classes close to each other so you have maximum free time.
  • Apply to jobs. Keeping yourself busy when not in class will help you not be bored, also get that extra $$$ to use later!
  • See what friends will be taking classes with you or who are still in town. This way you can figure out when you can hang out and spend time with your friends.
  • Take weekend trips. Taking a weekend trip to the beach or the mountains is a great way to feel like you’ve gone on vaca this summer. They’re only a few hours away from NCSU so take advantage.
  • Sign up for events going on around town. Different fundraising events will get you out there and active in the community. It also changes up the old routine.
  • Check out concerts. Whether it’s a famous artist coming to Raleigh or local bands performing, you’ll have fun going out and listening and dancing to great music.
  • Try to stay outside as long as possible. Instead of after classes just going back to your room, stay outside to soak up the sun! Take a walk on Hillsborough or enjoy Pullen Park.
  • Don’t stress! Try not to overwhelm yourself with classes. Take classes you need to but just remember that you’re in college, and you’re meant to have fun too! J

Hi! I'm currently a sophomore here at NC State and I love HerCampus! I just write random things that come to mind, enjoy!
Anna is a Junior at North Carolina State University studying Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and minoring in journalism. She writes for a PR blog for her internship and enjoys writing in her spare time as well. She is part of Delta Gamma sorority and loves every aspect that DG has to offer especially hanging with all her sisters. Her future goals include working PR or within with PR either in sports or the entertainment business.