Spring Fashion: Ways to Get More Compliments than a Flower Garden Come Springtime

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

It’s springtime and your grandmother’s tulips are getting more attention than you. I know. Your life is hard. Do you think I am saying that to make you feel bad? I just want to help you. We’ve all made mistakes; but by the end of this article boys will stop writing poetry about breezes and daffodils and consider you as an alternative. I just promised you a full-time career as a muse; obviously I’m looking out for your best interests.

1. Feminine and Delicate

Elie Saab, Paris Fashion Week

This spring is all about looking feminine again. Put away your boyfriend jeans and your grungy boots; it’s dress time. Think about adding lacey and delicate dresses into your wardrobes.

2. Tropical Patterns

Altuzarra, New York Fashion Week 

Tropical patterns aren’t just for gluttonous men headed for Hawaii anymore. You’re part of that demographic now, too. Try a fun tropical addition to your outfit when you’ve decided to overload on beiges and grays.

3. Pastels

Jill Stuart

Pretty in pink? False, pretty in pastel.  Pastels are notoriously springtime, so give them their due. You will be the embodiment of spring. Trust me; I would never steer you wrong.

4. Tangerine

Zara

In case you haven’t noticed, this spring is all about your color choices; and tangerine is a must. It is a fun color that will definitely make you stand out. Try it. Tangerine shorts, tangerine skirts, tangerine pants, tangerine shirts: say yes to all of them.

5.  Floral and Bold

Valentino, Paris Fashion Week

If you can’t beat your grandmother’s tulips, then join them. They understand what looks good. It’s called bold colors and floral patterns; that’s essentially their whole being. Add floral patterned shirts and boldly colored shorts to your closet. You won’t regret.

I’ve just made every girl want to be you for an entire season. That kind of jealousy isn’t usually just handed to you so easily.  From now on every reincarnation of Wordsworth and Whitman will be knocking down your door.
Just thank me later. 

Anna is a Junior at North Carolina State University studying Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and minoring in journalism. She writes for a PR blog for her internship and enjoys writing in her spare time as well. She is part of Delta Gamma sorority and loves every aspect that DG has to offer especially hanging with all her sisters. Her future goals include working PR or within with PR either in sports or the entertainment business.