Songs That Will Linger With You Forever Just Like the Cranberries Said.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Trust me when I say the songs that I am about to put you all on will stay with you for eternity. Songs that cover various genres for just about anyone and everyone. Songs and artists that will help you branch out of your daily mix and open eyes for all.

Firstly, I’d like to introduce to you “Orange Peeler” by Horse Jumper of Love. My all-time favorite song. The song that helped me get into NC State actually. Call it what you want but this is most definitely a love song. If you are into alternative underground music, please give this one a listen. The vocals and band overall are so special to me, and I’ve never once thought to skip this one on my playlist.

Next, we have “Jane” by Roy Blair. Roy Blair himself reminds me of my times in middle school when Gen Z introduced “indie” style again and it was just an amazing time for enhancing your music taste. The melody throughout the entire song is so jam-sesh worthy, that even I catch myself bobbing my shoulder too. The song talks about his personal issue of not being able to be himself around a particular someone *cough* *cough* Jane, but now that Jane is gone, he can. Overall, such a nostalgic song for me and hopefully for you as well.

Furthermore, I’d like to discuss the masterpiece “Natural” by Shelly. If you love Clairo, please consider this one request because Shelly is also her too. This song will forever stay on my repeats for the sole purpose of how anytime I listen, I feel like a coming-of-age girl in her decked-out music poster room, on the bed, just dancing away. I have never heard a song quite like this one before and I’m glad, because you can’t compete where you don’t compare (just saying lol).

Next up we have “Nutshell” by Alice in Chains. This one is going to be for my alternative-rock dad music lovers. Beware this little one is very stimulating to the fact you will probably want to call that one ex of your, lowkey though. I’m a sucker for this song always, the lyrics were the most appealing aspect to me and just a little too relatable, but that’s okay ha-ha.

Lastly, we have “Cannock Chase” by Labi Siffre. I discovered this song just a few months ago and of course it ended up being on my Spotify wrapped, which tells you just how great it is. You get hooked by the first play when the guitar strings trinkle in and then you want to catch a beautiful sunset with your friends just before the song ends. Bonfires, scenic views, and great relationships all come to mind when this beauty plays in the car. Also allows you to reminisce on the good that you have and how you should cherish it deeply.

Alexandra Byrne is a member and writer of Her Campus at North Carolina State University. This is her first year of joining Her Campus of 2023. She is in charge of producing and publishing articles, attending meetings, and to encourage support and collaboration for her team. Other than contributing to Her Campus, Alexandra was an extensive member of her high school's student government. Establishing leadership, community service events, and understanding the importance of equity in governing roles. She so then became an active member of her school's Genders and Sexualities Alliance club, in which greater expanded her support for the LGBTQ+ community, as well as hosting school fundraiser events for her local community. Alexandra has a huge green thumb. While being a part of her school's Earth Club, her love mother nature grew. She has contributed to the funds and support of her high school's building of a greenhouse, and so then helped her local community understand the whole heartly importance of sustainability. Alexandra is a freshman at NC State University with the intended major of Civil Engineering. In the next years, she aims to travel as much as possible, and love the career planned for her in the near future. Now here is a little more insight of who Alexandra really is about. Alexandra was born and raised in Concord, North Carolina. She is the oldest of three daughters, so it is safe to say she knows a thing or two about how to share with others. She absolutely loves to go on a spree at any local thrift store among her radius, sipping on iced coffee, reading romance books, and sharing laughs with her close friends. Alexandra is a heavy music listener. She enjoys relating to the entirely of Taylor Swifts and Phoebe Bridgers discography, attending any underground concert she can find, and making thoughtful playlists for her friends.