This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Over the summer, I enjoy spending my free time outdoors with family and friends. Whether it’s taking a boat out to the lake and having a fantastic lake day or just sitting out in your backyard for a quick tan, you are going to need music. Or if you are in charge of music at your job, this is a good playlist (I play it at the coffeeshop I barista at all the time because of all the young customers.)

I have curated a playlist that includes multiple genres of music and is guaranteed to keep whoever entertained. I have the playlist available on Apple Music and Spotify. The playlist contains over one hundred songs and is over 10 hours long. I am constantly adding to it, so by the time you read this, it has most likely been updated with more songs.

In this article I will talk about my top song on this playlist right now. It was featured in an album that won an ‘Album of the Year’ award from the Grammys.

My top song right now is WE ARE by Jon Batiste. The title of the album is WE ARE as well, it won Album of the Year at the 64th Annual Grammy Awards. The entire album is worth listening to, as well as Jon’s entire discography. I really enjoy WE ARE because of the absolutely stunning background vocals from the St. Augustine High School Marching 100. If you haven’t listened to this album yet, I highly recommend it.

Hello my name is Jai-Li Powell! I am a mycophile who is currently studying Psychology and Horticulture at NCSU.