This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

With the peak fall right around the corner, there’s no better time to make a fall bucket list and start checking things off! I’m a sucker for a good bucket list, and I try my best to make one and finish it every season. In case you need any inspiration, here are my ten favorites that seem to make my fall bucket list every single year.

photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

1. Visit a Corn Maze!

I LOVE a good corn maze. It’s the perfect opportunity for a photo-op, it’s a wonderful way to support businesses that are family-owned, and if you actually try to do the maze, it’s always fun to race your friends and end up getting lost!

2. Visit a Pumpkin Patch!

Similar to corn mazes, pumpkin patches are usually family-owned, and they’re the perfect way to start off your fall with a cozy trip. Not to mention, you can take cute pictures with the pumpkins, and if you’re lucky, you can grab some apple cider and some apple cider donuts!

3. Carve or Paint a Pumpkin!

This is the perfect follow-up activity if you’ve visited a pumpkin patch. A good alternative to carving a pumpkin if you want it to last longer- or you don’t feel like dealing with all the guts of the pumpkin -is to paint it, which also turns out super cute!

4. Go to a Coffee shop!

Visiting a coffee shop is one of my favorite things to do once the weather starts cooling down because of the coziness and seasonal treats, but I’ll say it- I don’t like coffee! My go-to is actually an iced chai tea latte, and if you’re getting one from Starbucks, I totally recommend adding brown sugar syrup and caramel drizzle!

tao and elle on a movie date in heartstopper season 2
Netflix/See-Saw

5. Have a Halloween Movie Night!

This item is definitely more suited for early/mid October, but I can’t wait to invite my friends over, lay out some fuzzy blankets and snacks, and turn on a Halloween movie! If you’re into scary movies, I recommend Us or Scream, but if you’re into movies that aren’t too scary, I recommend The Nightmare Before Christmas or Coraline.

6. Watch a Football Game!

I love watching football, whether it’s on TV or in-person, especially once the weather starts cooling down! If you’re watching a football game in-person, make sure to stop by a tailgate before. If you’re watching on TV, invite some friends over and make some football food!

7. Visit The NC State Fair

As a student at NC State, visiting the NC State Fair was one of my favorite parts of the last fall semester. It’s the perfect place to take some photos, grab some fair food, and look at all of the cool vendors. Be sure to check the weather before you go though, because I had to bundle up last year!

8. Go to a Bonfire

There’s literally nothing better than sitting outside in a camping chair by a bonfire under the stars. Especially when the leaves are falling and the weather is just cool enough to wear a comfy sweatshirt with shorts, nothing compares to roasting marshmallows and making s’mores by a bonfire.

9. Bake a Fall Dessert

I can’t wait to make some pumpkin spice desserts this year! I think winter desserts are my favorite, but fall desserts are a close second. A few that I have on my to-do list this year are snickerdoodles, pumpkin muffins, and apple pie!

10. Go on a Scenic Drive

This is a must-do, no matter where you’re from! I’m from a small town in the Appalachian Mountains, which means the leaves always turn so many shades of gorgeous colors throughout the fall months! Make a fall playlist and pick up a coffee, then go on a drive around your town. If you can go on a scenic highway, I would totally recommend it!

Whether you’re counting down the days to Christmas or missing summer, I always try to enjoy the season I’m in for all of its perks. If you’re ever struggling with this, I think a bucket list is the perfect way to make the most of every season you’re in!

Hi! My name is Abby Shoemaker, and I'm a first-year student at North Carolina State University majoring in both industrial and systems engineering and psychology! I love reading, listening to music (especially Ariana Grande and Juice WRLD), shopping, and swimming. When I'm not writing or with my friends, you'll find me organizing something, doing my nails, or watching those 5-hour deep dive videos on YouTube.