Movies to Watch to Get You Into the Fall Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.
Little women

Greta Gerwig’s 2019 adaptation of Little Women is perfect for the fall season. The color schemes and narrative pacing throughout the film creates a cozy atmosphere to watch on a crisp autumn day.

knives out

A great whodunit, Knives Out haves you guessing which member of the wealthy Thrombey family is guilty when the knife-collecting matriarch is found dead. Daniel Craig plays Detective Benoit Blanc that comes into investigate and solve the crime at hand.

harry potter and the sorcerer’s stone

This movie is perfect to watch to kick off a marathon filled weekend.

hocus pocus

Set in late October, this classic Halloween film is about the three Sanderson sisters as they come back from the dead after 300 years.

persuasion

This new Netflix film focuses on Anne Elliot, a woman who struggles in deciding whether or not to move past a previous relationship, or listen to her heart.

coraline

As Coraline explores her new home, she discovers a secret door into an alternative universe that mirrors her life. This world seems to not be all that it seems.

coco

This Disney cartoon is about a boy dreaming of becoming a great musician. He embarks on an adventure into mysteries behind his ancestor’s stories and traditions.

it’s the great pumpkin, charlie brown

The classic Halloween family favorite is filled with all of the classic Peanuts characters. The entire gang of the Peanuts celebrates Halloween with Linus as he awaits the Great Pumpkin.

Ann Hadley is from Morehead City, North Carolina. She is a Fashion & Textile Management major. She loves fashion, reading, and writing.