This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Having a bucket list of things you want to do is important. Let’s start off by answering what a bucket list is and why it is important to have. A bucket list can serve as a way of looking forward to your future. Your bucket list can be filled with both serious/professional ideas and fun ideas. Your list can be as broad or specific as you’d like. It is basically a list of dreams you have and would like to experience in your life. With this in mind, a bucket list can serve as a way of reflecting on your goals and aspirations. It is a reminder of your values and will help you keep track of all your experiences and accomplishments. 

Since it is still around the beginning of the year, now is a perfect time to create your bucket list. Even if you already have one, it is important to revise it and add more things every once in a while. This is your reminder that you do not have to share what you put in your bucket list with anyone if you don’t want to. It is only meant for you and as a way to give yourself opportunities to keep looking forward in your life. It is time to begin to write up your bucket list, so here is my personal bucket list to give you some ideas:

• Travel to every continent
  • Learn/become fluent in a new language
  • Go skydiving
  • Go scuba diving
  • Go bungee jumping
  • Go parasailing
  • Jump off a cliff
  • See the northern lights
  • Go on a safari
  • Swim with sharks
  • Sleep in an igloo
  • Learn to play the piano
  • Make a difference in someone’s life
  • Attend the Olympics
  • Go on a cruise
  • Spend the night in a castle
  • Get a Master’s degree
  • Get a PhD
  • Live in at least 1 other country for at least a year
  • Go on a road trip 
  • Become more sustainable
  • Win an award of some kind
  • Travel with a friend
  • Unplug for a week
  • Experience prom
  • Go on a solo trip
  • Visit the seven wonders of the world
  • Go wine tasting
  • Go someplace new every year
  • Read more books
  • Read at least one non-fiction book a year
Hey I'm Amelie! I'm an anthropology major at ncsu.