FlourishonCampus HeroImage EdgeToEdge Concept Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
FlourishonCampus HeroImage EdgeToEdge Concept Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Fashion

Insta Baddie to Old Money: Kylie Jenner’s Style Evolution

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Ever since she was 10 years old and Keeping Up With The Kardashians was just premiering, Kylie Jenner has been a prominent figure in mainstream media. Over the past 16 years, we have seen her style change as she has grown up, gained a prominent social media following, and found her passion for business. Along the way, she went through many different “eras” and here we are gonna unpack her most notable fashion moments.

Early teens

During her high school years, Kylie kept a pretty simple style. She stuck to the trends that were popular in the mid 2010’s, including dark hair, dark eye makeup, straightened hair, and of course combat boots. This style era was when Kylie was just beginning to discover herself and finding ways to differentiate herself from her sisters.

https://assets.pinterest.com/ext/embed.html?id=20899585757957217

KING KYLIE

If you were on the internet at all around 2016, you’ll recognize this version of Kylie Jenner instantly. In her “King Kylie” era, Kylie was gaining the most amount of attention she had ever gotten from the media as well as those on social media. This era was full of teal hair, matte lipstick, and long acrylic nails. Arguably Kylie’s most iconic era, her style during this time will always be memorable.

https://assets.pinterest.com/ext/embed.html?id=612208143114576872

Motherhood

On February 1, 2018, Kylie gave birth to her first child, Stormi Webster. During the nine months leading up to her birth, Kylie remained much more private and this was reflected in her clothing choices. Instead of crop tops and high heels, Kylie reached for more casual options such as solid dresses, big coats, and sneakers. Kylie was able to keep elements of her previous style while elevating her looks to be a little more “mom-friendly.”

https://assets.pinterest.com/ext/embed.html?id=6966574413912138

Timothee chalamet

This past year, it has been speculated (and basically confirmed) that Kylie is in a new relationship with actor, Timothee Chalamet. Timothee is an east coast guy, and with that comes a different style than what we usually see on West Coast native, Kylie. Also, with the emergence of the old money aesthetic, Kylie has opted for classier fashion choices. Maybe this will be they style that sticks.

https://assets.pinterest.com/ext/embed.html?id=128423026867522554

Haley Royal is a staff writer for Her Campus at NC State University. She is responsible for brainstorming article ideas, facilitating research on topics, and writing unique and interesting pieces. This is her first year on Her Campus and her first year undergraduate student. Before joining Her Campus, Haley was the Editor-in-Chief of her high school's yearbook, where she oversaw the production of her school's 30th annual yearbook. Haley also contributed as a staff writer for her high school yearbook for two previous years. In the summer of 2023, she participated in a virtual screenwriting workshop hosted by New York University, where she learned about different types of writing and spoke with current Hollywood screenwriters who critiqued and complimented her work. Haley is currently working on her undergraduate degree in Communications and plans to minor in Journalism. After college, Haley hopes to move to New York City and work as an editor for a fashion or lifestyle magazine. Haley was born and raised in Raleigh, North Carolina, with her twin brother Noah and older sister Jenna. She enjoys discovering new music, thrift shopping, reading, and watching movies. She is a huge fan of retro movies, with her favorites being- The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day off, and Dirty Dancing.