The Hunger Games Mania

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

With the new movie to premiere in a couple of weeks, The Hunger Games mania is wilder than ever. The first novel of the famous trilogy, The Hunger Games, was published in 2008. Ever since last year when Hollywood announced there was going to be a movie, its popularity has soared with countless promotions, clothing, figurines, and magazines. Whether you’re an avid fan, a new fan, or just someone who has seen the trailer, The Hunger Games mania is all around us.

I personally had little knowledge of the novel or movie until The Hunger Games became popular last year. When I learned about it, I knew I had to read the series and I’m so glad I did. The stories take you in completely and you can’t stop reading until it’s finished, and even then you want more. The story follows the main character, Katniss, and how she volunteers for the annual Hunger Games, a televised fight between children to the death as punishment for past rebellion. (I cannot emphasize how much I love these books). Even if you’re not an enthusiastic reader, The Hunger Games is an easy and fun read that I strongly recommend to anyone who loves adventure, suspense and romance. You won’t regret it!

The movie comes out March 23rd, if you’ve seen the trailers you’ll see what the hype is all about. This action packed movie is one of the most anticipated films of the year as fans await its release. It’s already “the next big thing” as there is endless talk about the movie. The movie includes an all-star cast with beauty Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, Josh Hutcherson (so cute!) as Katniss’ partner Peeta and Liam Hemsworth (yum!) as Katniss’ best friend Gale. If you haven’t seen the trailer, watch it already. And join us in The Hunger Games mania.

Hi! I'm currently a sophomore here at NC State and I love HerCampus! I just write random things that come to mind, enjoy!
Anna is a Junior at North Carolina State University studying Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and minoring in journalism. She writes for a PR blog for her internship and enjoys writing in her spare time as well. She is part of Delta Gamma sorority and loves every aspect that DG has to offer especially hanging with all her sisters. Her future goals include working PR or within with PR either in sports or the entertainment business.