This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

February is a month met with hate and love for a certain holiday. While most people celebrate Valentine’s Day with their significant other, there are still singles out there who do not necessarily like the holiday. Thankfully, in the last couple of years, a new holiday has emerged for people who have a distaste for February 14, and that is Galentine’s Day. Galentine’s is something that can be enjoyed by everyone and it is a good way to show appreciation for your friends. Ideas for Galentine’s are not hard to come by either, with the trend cycles that circulate social media there are endless amounts of ideas for you and your friends. Here are some must do Galentine’s Day activities: 

Candle Decorating:

Candle decorating has taken TikTok by storm this year, and rightfully so. There are many ways to pull this off, from using colorful hot wax to bejeweling. While the concept may be simple, sometimes the execution is not the easiest, but still it is a fun activity to enjoy with your friends. 

Goodie Bags:

If gift giving is your love language this is the perfect greeter for your friends as they walk through the door for Galentines. Making goodie bags can be whatever you want, whether that’s candies or a gag gift that everyone will laugh at.

Valentine’s Inspired Food:

Everyone knows food has to be at any event, so this is the perfect time to embrace the Valentines editions that companies produce. From heart shaped pasta to homemade heart crafted pizzas, the level of effort put in can be minimal or be turned into an activity for everyone. 

Drinks:

As we have all seen the trend where everyone brings a drink based on a theme, this can be easily used for Galentine’s as well. Whether each person brings a signature drink or there’s one for the whole group, this is one of the easiest ways to bring the Valentine’s Day energy to the room.

Paige Hill is the Recuirtment Director at the NC State chapter of Her Campus! She is responsible for finding potential new members and helping coordinate photoshoots. This is her second year at Her Campus and first year as Recruitment Director. Outside of Her Campus Paige is an active member of her community. She went to Swansboro High School and during her time there set up a prom attire donation for the school. During her free time she would participate in beach clean ups, tutoring elementary school kids, and speeches about ocean pollution! Summer of 2023 she attended a study abroad program focusing on climate change in Italy. This year she will be volunteering at a dental clinic as she works towards her goal of being a dentist. Paige was raised in Greenville, NC, with her older sister. She started her pageant career in eighth grade where she found her love of fashion. Over the years Paige has gotten to attend NYFW and work with Sherri Hill in designing dresses for various national pageants! She is a huge Harry Styles and Lana Del Rey fan. She has seen Stevie Nicks, Harry Styles, SZA, and The Eagles in concert. Her favorite movie genre is psychological horrors.