This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

I have been thinking a lot recently about the idea of confusion. 

My friends are talking about it, my family, even myself. As college kids especially, we think we have everything figured out. Although, that’s pretty much impossible when if you’re like me, you don’t truly know what you want to “be”, are juggling multiple extracurricular activities, a job, and sorority life and feel like you barely even have time to think, let alone be confused about something. However, confusion is natural! I think as young adults attempting to navigate something as complicated as higher education and choosing a future career path, we are already burdened with uncertainty, yet we try so, so hard to know everything about anything and figure our entire lives out in such a short amount of time throughout college. Confusion is frustrating and can seem scary in the moment, however, I think it takes a certain amount of confusion to grow. 

Within confusion, we find the ability to trust ourselves and take a leap of faith with our first instincts. We are able to seek out help and possibly work through our confusion with the aid of someone who may already have it figured out, or gone through what you are experiencing, allowing us to create and develop new relationships out of that confusion. We can also take time to discover new things and the answers to our questions more efficiently, with dedication and a longer-lasting effect.

So, how do we manage confusion? By simply recognizing that it is present and embracing the confusion, we can then attempt to learn about and solve what we are confused by. In knowing that confusion is present and will likely be for the rest of our lives in one way or another, we can embrace the unknown and work toward a solution to put our minds at ease.

Whether your confusion is related to school, or your relationships, just know that you are not alone and it will get figured out! Talk to someone you trust or go with your first instincts and your gut, or work through it with your family. Remember that the confusion you are dealing with is an important part in the learning process and will ultimately aid you in the long run.

Hi there! I am a junior majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Buisness Admin, from Charlotte, NC! I'm so excited about this opportunity to turn my hobby of writing into something more <3