10 Things I Hate About You Julia Stiles Heath Ledger
Touchstone Pictures
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Classic Movies for a Night In On Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.
When Harry Met Sally

One of my personal favorites, this movie set the stage for many 90s love stories. Definitely a cheesy classic that is worth a watch if you want to get in touch with your mushy side.

Valentine’s Day

This movie uses one of my favorite storytelling techniques—Valentine’s Day tells the stories of several different characters and builds small connections between them at the end. Filled with comedy and romance, this movie is all about Valentine’s Day, young and old, and the perfect film to watch on February 14th.

10 Things I Hate About You

A timeless movie not only about young love, but about coming of age and dealing with individuality. One of the best feel-good films of all time (in my opinion), 10 Things I Hate About You makes you fall in love with the characters and their stories.

Can’t Buy Me Love

A goofy film starring young McDreamy (Patrick Dempsy), this highschool romance story highlights the classic tale of finding yourself as you navigate through the social pressures of your teenage years. Although corny, it is still fun to watch on a night in. 

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Similar to Valentine’s Day, Crazy, Stupid, Love shows many different characters and their individual stories, only to reveal most of them are related. With a star-filled cast, this movie highlights romance, comedy, family, and heartbreak. I highly recommend watching this with your friends or roommates! 

Hi! My name is Isabella Castineyra, I am a senior majoring in communication media with minors in journalism and criminology. I am from Boston originally, so I am all for Boston sports teams (go Pats)! I love taking naps, listening to Billy Joel, and rewatching the same shows over and over again. Go Pack!!