This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Like any retail fiend, I love to shop and expand my style! Lately, I have found that my wallet has some trouble keeping up with my hobby. Thrifting is a great way to find amazing steals without breaking your bank account. I decided to go check out some thrift stores close to NC State’s campus to find the ones I liked the best and here is what I found:

Cause For Paws

Not only does this store have killer deals, but there are kittens as well! I love coming here to find hidden gems and say hello to some furry friends. 

Revolver

This sweet shop right off of Hillsborough has some great clothes! They have name brands that are marked down to much better prices. People bring in new clothes all the time, so if you do not find anything you like the first time you go, I am sure there will be new items in by the time you return. Some of the stuff is on the pricier side, but everything is still much cheaper than buying them in store. 

Thrifts to Gift

Thrifts to Gift is a great place to go if you are not only looking for some super inexpensive clothes but furniture and other household items as well. While their selection is not as broad as some of the other stores I visited, they definitely have amazing prices!

Uptown

Off of Avent Ferry, Uptown is a lot like Revolver. They have awesome brands that have been marked down to decent prices. They exclusively have clothing and some jewelry, and everything is conveniently organized by style and color! Uptown is definitely one of my personal favorites. 

Habitat for Humanity

Habitat is great if you are looking for furniture or any other household items. While they do not have much clothing, they have really great decor and sometimes even ping pong tables for discounted prices. 

Goodwill/GCF

These are great but are extremely dependent on which one you go to. Some of these stores have great finds, especially old Wolfpack wear, and some can be a bust. Either way, the prices here are amazing and if you look hard enough, there is usually a good find. Filled with clothes and trinkets, I love exploring around these stores!

Junior at NCSU majoring in Communication Media Lover of strawberry ice cream and classic rock VP of Her Campus NCSU