Back To The Barre: Your Favorite Childhood Reality Show Podcast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrmnTs7NJHL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D

Two things about me: I love Dance Moms and Podcasts.

I love listening to podcasts on the bus as I go to classes or on my hours-long drive home from college. Podcasts are a perfect form of entertainment. 

Dance Moms is my ultimate comfort show; the fights between the moms are funny and sometimes bizarre. The drama is unmatched, but there are only so many times you can rewatch a show.

The great news is that Christi Lukasiak and Kelly Hyland have come out with a podcast called ‘Back to the Barre’ where they are recapping episodes of Lifetime’s ‘Dance Moms’ where they are telling behind-the-scenes stories from their Dance Mom days. I’m admittedly not the biggest fan of podcasts that recap shows from the 2010s, but Back to the Barre is definitely the exception!

At the time that I’m writing this in September 2023, they are in the middle of recapping season three, right at the time of their infamous fight. This podcast isn’t new by any means (they’ve been recording the podcast since 2022) but all of my friends haven’t heard of the podcast, and it seems like not enough people have. The fact that they’ve been recording episodes since the Summer of 2022 means that there are plenty of episodes to listen to!

I find it interesting to hear Christi and Kelly try to bridge the gap between what happened in real life versus what was aired on Lifetime. There have also been special guests onto the podcast, like Brooke Hyland, Chloe Lukasiak, Cathy Nesbitt-Stein, and even some of the people who worked behind the scenes on the show, like producer James Mahan. Listening to ‘Back to the Barre’ is genuinely funny, entertaining, and worth the listen, hearing about an iconic show from a different perspective.

You can watch Dance Moms on Lifetime.com for free!

You can listen to Back to the Barre on Spotify, Youtube, Apple Podcast, or wherever you like to listen to your podcasts!

Kaylee is a writer for the NC State’s Her Campus Chapter! This is her first year writing for Her Campus, and she’s very excited to gain more experience writing for the chapter! She is excited to get the opportunity to write articles about the things she loves! Kaylee is a sophomore this year, who started out undecided in her major, but now has decided on majoring in Food Science at NC State. Even though her major is STEM related, she has always had a passion for creative writing and excels in English classes. In high school, Kaylee was a writer and photographer for her school's yearbook. She is also involved in other clubs on campus, and works at a park over summer breaks! In her free time, you can find Kaylee reading (most likely Emily Henry books), drinking a nice iced chai tea (or sweet tea), and watching Dance Moms. Some other things she loves is traveling, baking, spending time with the people she loves, and staying up-to-date on all things pop culture related. Her all time favorite color is pink and her favorite musician is Taylor Swift. She also loves her maltese, Luna! After graduating from NC State, Kaylee plans to find a career that's nutrition related, but hopes to always have an outlet for her love of writing!