This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Now that autumn is here, you may be looking for activities to do. In North Carolina, there are so many opportunities to go out and take in the fall weather and try new things. We have the State Fair, pumpkin carving, haunted houses, and many pretty locations to look at as the leaves change color.

If you are looking to try something new, you should consider going to the Carowinds amusement park for their Scarowinds halloween event. The park is located in Charlotte, North Carolina, and the drive isn’t bad from Raleigh. 

The Scarowinds event can be fun to do with family, friends, or even a date. The night festivities start at 7 p.m. and go on until midnight. Scarowinds is only available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so it does get a bit crowded. The ticket price for the Scarowinds event is forty-five dollars. The event does end on October 29, 2023, so get your tickets soon. There is limited availability for more popular nights, so make sure you plan and get your tickets. The best nights to go are Friday and Sunday; Saturday’s get really crowded at the park. 

Throughout the night, there are haunted mazes, scare zones, and live entertainment. While walking through the park, you will walk alongside zombies and vampires. This year, there is a new event as well, the Procession of Nightmares parade. You can find more information about the events and activities that will take place on their website. You can also purchase tickets for the event on the website as well. 

Hello my name is Jai-Li Powell! I am a mycophile who is currently studying Psychology and Horticulture at NCSU.