Alex Compton '12

Name:Alex Compton

Age: 22

Year: 2012

Major: Biology

Hometown: Charlotte, NC

Activities & Interests: Campus Crusade, Rugby and Student Government

Favorite Quote: “Don’t give up, don’t ever give up.”- Jim Valvano

Career Goals: Orthopedic Surgeon

How would you describe yourself? I like to think that I'm pretty laid back and easygoing. But I'm also passionate and driven to be successful at everything I do.

What qualities do you look for in a girl? Someone who can make me laugh, and doesn’t take herself too seriously. She also has to be smart and driven.

Favorite NC State memory: When I finally realized how much I hate Carolina after wanting to go there throughout high school.

Where can we find you on a typical Friday night? Relaxing with some friends and doing something crazy!

If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why? Batman because he is a self-made hero. He is just a man, without any extraordinary powers, who wants to make a difference.

What's your favorite you've ever traveled to and why? Puebla, Mexico. It is the only place I've been to outside the US and I got to spend an entire week working with orphans, it was awesome!

What's the most significant thing you've ever learned during your time at State? Everything happens for a reason, even if you don't realize it for a while.