This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

The world has been through a lot in these past couple of years, but 2022 has been a year to lift our spirits through movies and tv shows- the ultimate type of comfort. This year we have had the pleasure of getting so many sequels and remakes that have shocked the world and here are some you should check out.

#1 Topgun: Maverick

The infamous action-packed movie comes back starring Tom Cruise once again. A student turned instructor becomes the plot line of the summer and is definitely a must-see.

#2 Jurassic World: Dominion

As many know there have been two Jurassic series, Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. But for the end of all of the compilation, the world of dinosaurs has integrated the two sets of characters into one cinematic showing.

#3 Hocus Pocus 2

Noted to be one of the most iconic Halloween classics has come back for a modern-day sequel. Premiering just before the brink of October, Disney introduces the Sanderson sisters once again in a comical story.

#4 Wednesday

A comical and modernized series of the Addams Family will be premiering on Netflix soon. Featuring star actor, Jenny Ortega, the series will focus on the upbringing of Wednesday Addams and all the craziness surrounding her grim life.

#5 The Santa clauses

One of the most beloved Christmas movie series of our childhoods featuring Tim Allen has reappeared as a sequel in tv-show form. Set to premiere in mid-November, this Disney show will bring back all the magic that the holiday season holds.

#6 Pretty little liars: Original sin

The show every girl was infatuated with in the 2000s has made a twisted return with an all-new cast. This dramatic HBO original series has somehow become even creepier and

#7 Obi-wan

Obi-Wan Kenobi returns after a long-awaited time sequencing to the Star Wars prequels. The audience is captivated by the infamous feud between student and master.

#8 How I met your father

The sitcom that had the world by storm for nine seasons has finally had a reboot. Featuring Hillary Duff, we get to see a fun new twist on dating life in the big apple with tons of heartfelt moments and tons of laughs.

#9 Pinnochio

A tale as old as time has finally gotten its live-action film. The story we all know and love featuring the wooden boy with a nose that grows with each lie has been taken into a new light streaming on Disney plus.

#10 Father of the bride

The comical movie focusing on a father’s crazy antics while planning his daughter’s wedding has been remade to bring back loads of laughter.

I am currently a sophomore studying Fashion and Textile Design.