Style > Fashion

14 Valentine’s Day Inspired Nail Designs That Aren’t Cheesy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and what better way to get into the spirit by getting your nails done! Customizing your nails is a form of self expression that you really can have fun with, especially during the holidays.

I found some really cute designs that go along with Valentine’s Day that you all should definitely check out. Some of them are a bit more on the extravagant side, but could give you some inspo on a design that would also look really cool! Here are the 14 Valentine’s Day nail designs that I recommend:

I love this one! It uses the colors that Valentine’s Day is notoriously known for (red, pink and white) and the design is so pretty.]

This one is similar to the first one since they both have the same colors and general patterns. But for this one, the patterns from hearts which look really cute. I would definitely try this one out!

This design is a combination of the two previous ones I’ve showed you gals. Instead of pink, the design is largely purple which gives it a little twist. Very cute!!

When people say less is more, this is what they mean! Literally one of the more simplistic designs, but yet its spot on.

Another cute and simple one!

I love how this one uses more pastel like colors which gives it a little more “oomf”.

The design on these nails is SOOOO GOOD! I look the mix of a fiery look into it, along with the different color hearts.

I like this one because they used Hey Arnold. There are so many different ways in which someone can mimic this idea for eg using a more pastel like colortone to it. Super cute!!

Another good one!

So adorable, these nails remind me of sweetheart or couple’s necklaces.

Everyone loves Scooby Dooby Doo!

Quite a cute design!

I never thought you could mix Halloween and Valentine’s, but here we are lol

This one is by far one of my favorites out of all these nails. Its so cute and the design is such a creative idea!

Ony Otiocha is the Co-Senior Editor of Her Campus at North Carolina State University. She joined during her freshman year, making this her third year on Her Campus as a writer. Outside of Her Campus, Ony is a third year at North Carolina State University, studying Biological Sciences with a concentration in Human Biology and minoring in Forensic Science. She works at two different hospitals and volunteers at a local clinic--taking care of patients from all walks of life. Ony is also a staff photographer with NC State University Student Media, where she takes photographs of different news and sports events for outlets like Technician, Agromeck, and Nubian Message at NC State University. Ony was also a teaching assistant for biochemistry during the spring semester and will continue to do so for next semester. When she is not in class or working, Ony enjoys listening to music, painting, photography, and reading novels in her free time. She is a huge fan of books written by James Patterson, Karen Kingsbury, and Jodi Picoult. Ony also loves volunteering with children at her local church, which she has been doing for almost three years! She is passionate about not only creating safe spaces for children but also advocating on their behalf.