The Student Spotlight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Name: Quincy Simmons

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Landscape Architecture

Hometown: Bogota, New Jersey

Campus Involvement: Aggie Ambassador, SASLA Member (Student American Society of Landscape Architects), Mr. ALD

Social Media: Instagram

What made you want to attend North Carolina A&T?

The agriculture department was really good and I was really into designing.

What is something about you that no one knows?

That I’m adopted and I started an adoption program in New Jersey.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Owning my own landscape architecture firm.

Nachos or tacos?

Nachos

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I like to hang with my friends, take naps, listen to music, practice some choreography.

If you could give the younger you any piece of advice, what would it be?

The mistakes that you made, you made for a reason, so don’t ever think that they are gonna hurt you in the long run. They may hurt at the moment but they’re gonna make you a stronger and amazing person.

What motivates you?

Knowing that I can put a smile on anybody’s face no matter if they’re having a bad day, I know that I can get them to laugh

Tea or lemonade?

Half and half

Favorite college memory so far?

Bonding with my friend Ashley, we’re like brother and sister now. We really know everything about each other. We can break out in song and dance and it be in sync. Knowing I can count on her for her honest opinion and vice versa.

Do you believe in sliding in the DMs?

Not really, then again nobody slides in my DMs so I could be wrong lol

What/how was your first college party experience?

My first real college party was actually my friend’s birthday party and it was super lit. I actually can’t remember some of the stuff that happened that night.

What is the biggest challenge you’ve encountered in college thus far?

I think being yourself and knowing how to be an adult is hard because we’ve been babied most of our lives that when we are in college we lowkey want someone to hold our hands and provide for us. We have to learn to be independent and responsible.

Aspire to inspire.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.