The Student Spotlight Part 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Name: Jonathan Perry 

Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Campus Involvement: NSBE, ASME

What made you want to attend North Carolina A&T?

Jehuti Willis. He graduated in 2014 from A&T as an Electrical Engineer right as I was coming into college. He showed me around the campus and told me about his experiences and all that I could be and do for myself in that environment and I was hooked after the visit.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Whenever I have spare time, I like to listen to music, read, write, exercise, and talk to my friends.

What motivates you?

My aspirations and desires motivate me. The endless possibilities of who can be and what I can do in my life that can affect my community excites and energizes me to continue on my path.

Favorite college memory so far?

I have way too many favorite college memories. But, one recurring memory would be how my best friend at A&T and I would always coordinate some kind of kickback or get together with all of our friends every weekend or so. It would be just a time to relax and enjoy everyone’s company after a long week.

What/how was your first college party experience?

My first college party experience was actually the first night I moved in to Pride my freshman year. My roommate and two of his friends came in and invited me to a party and one party turned into 3 different parties in that night. We met some great people and had some unforgettable moments that night!

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.