This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

After a long stressful semester, you can finally get a break! You have an entire week to leisure and rejuvenate! And of course you want to travel on a budget! I have the best spring break plans for you!

The typical “Spring break destinations,” “A Beach Getaway!” Taking a road trip with your friends to the beach, is both adventurous and it’s cheaper than flying, especially if you split the cost four ways among your friends. Here are some “Beach Getaways,” that’ll keep you on a budget.

1. Clearwater Beach, Florida

This popular resort is nicknamed for it’s soft white sand and it’s crystal blue waters. Many visitors find themselves jet-skiing, parasailing, and stand-up paddle-boarding, in the calm waters. Upon sunset, Pier 60 hosts a nightly festival, with street performers and craft vendors.

2. Destin, Florida

Also known as the “Panhandle,” this Gulf of Mexico beach is famous for its Destin Harbor Boardwalk, which includes tall water slides, waterfalls, and pools of Big Kahuna’s water park.

Enough of the beach Talk!  You want to be warm for Spring Break, but you don’t want to necessarily go to the Beach, here are some great City Escapes you can try:

3. New Orleans, Louisiana

Known for its festive Mardi Gras spirit, this city will indulge you with its vibrant live-music, street parties, and their brassy costumed parades.

4.  San Diego, California

This miraculous city is known for its beaches, parks, and of course it’s warm climates! It also has many popular art galleries, artist studios, museums, and gardens.

You’re not interested in neither the Beach nor a City Escape? Try a National Park this year! They’re adventurous and refreshing! You can travel in groups of four to five and go camping or hiking. Here are some great National Parks you can try:

5. Yellowstone National Park

Located mostly in Wyoming, this park features dramatic canyons, alpine rivers, lush forests, hot springs, and gushing geysers! It also includes its most famous “Old Faithful,” which is home to hundreds of animal species!

6. Olympic National Park

The Summit of Mt. Olympic is popular with climbers, hiking, and backpacking trails that cut through the Park’s rainforest, and along its Pacific coastline. You can get a 3-star hotel averaging for just $146.

You don’t have money to travel at all, and would just rather stay home! Well there’s nothing wrong with a Stay-cation! For some of us, relaxing and pampering ourselves is just enough! Binge-watching your favorite television show, and sipping on your favorite wine could be the perfect stay-cation!

Hello, I am Kayla Rucker,I am from Charlotte, North Carolina, and a Junior here at North Carolina A&T State University. I am a Journalism/Mass Communications student, with a concentration of Multi-media Journalism. I am a inspiring Journalist, who has a passion for filming, television, digital media, and Social Media Marketing.
I am Alexis Hooper, President of the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University chapter of Her Campus.