Meet the Creator Behind Aggie Night Live

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Name: Allan Todd Meade

Nickname: Allan Todd

Hometown: Petersburg, VA

Class: Junior (Rising Senior, Fall 2016)

Major: Journalism and Mass Communication

Campus Involvement:

• Aggie Night Live, Creator

• NABJ, Member

• WNAA 90.1 FM, Radio Announcer & Host

• Aggie Ambassador Program, Tour Guide

Follow him on: Instagram and Twitter

What’s your favorite and least favorite qualities about yourself?

My favorite qualities about myself would have to be my height, I enjoy being tall, and my sense of humor. I like to think of myself as a comical person, at least I hope.

What is your favorite college memory so far?

My favorite college memory so far is a Super Bowl party my friends and I had back in 2014. It was a really great night.

What are three things you can’t live without?

Jesus, My Laptop and Cranberry Juice. I really love cranberry juice.

If you could live in a book, show, or movie, what would it be and why?

I would have to pick a TV show, and that show would be SpongeBob SquarePants. Being able to live under the sea seems pretty cool.

What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?

My biggest pet peeve would have to be when I hear of someone having a dream or goal for something, but chooses to not act; allowing the dream to die. It bugs me to see great things go to waste.  

Why did you choose to attend A&T?

I honestly chose to attend A&T because I believe God told me to come here. I know to some it may sound bizarre, but God told me to come to this University,and I’m so happy He did!

What are your career goals?

My ultimate career goal is to work in the film and television industry. I love movies and being able to make, act in, and produce movies seems like the best job ever. I also want to become a minister outside of my main career.

Recently you got the chance to sit and interview Terrence J., how did that experience impact you?

It was an awesome experience! It was such an honor to be given the chance to interview a celebrity like Terrence J. Terrence J is a really down-to-earth guy and it’s great that no matter how high he rises in his career, he always shows love to A&T. That’s real Aggie Pride! I will never forget that day, and hopefully one day he’ll be the one interviewing me.

When you feel discouraged or stressed, what do you do to lift your spirits?

The best thing I do, whether I’m feeling discouraged, stressed or joyful, is pray and study the Word of God. It is the absolute best method to anything in life. I also make sure to surround myself with positive people who are going places in life. My friends are always there to lift me up when I’m down, encourage me when I’m doing good, and correct me when I’m wrong.

If you could give the younger you any piece of advice, what would it be?

Such a great question! I would tell the younger me to “trust in God’s plan.” As I look back through my life I realize that God was the one orchestrating everything the whole time. God has caused everything in my life, the good and the bad, to work together for my good.

What’s your favorite quote?

“Those crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.” -Apple, Inc.

Aspire to inspire.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.