Martin the Marvelous

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

There is a cute guy, who not only plays basketball, but plans to own his own business in the future, that is currently attending our university.

His name is Martin Jones and he is a freshman, currently studying landscape architecture. In addition to aspiring to capitalize on “Jones Landscaping,” a business he started his freshman year of high school, Jones’s focuses right now are early morning weight lifting, ball practice, and study hall.

Jones admits that he is “busy as hell,” but when asked about what goes on in his free time, he relaxes on game days and on the weekends. With the assistance of his academic advisors, the full-time student athlete says that it is “all about balance.”

Jones was inspired by his father to play college basketball. “My dad played for Tennessee State when he was in college, so he was my basketball coach when I was younger,” he explained.

As our campus cutie of the week, on a scale of 1-10, Jones reveals that he is an “8” from being a “well-rounded, attractive person.”

Not only is he number 30 on the A&T basketball team, he is a part of the ICEE program. The Interdisciplinary Center for Early Career Exploration and Leadership helps students engage in activities related to their pre-determined career. My fellow Class of 19’ peer confess that overall his major requires most of his attention, however, while everyone else was out for winter break, Jones was back to the court the day after Christmas for more basketball.

I love Beyonce & Erykah Badu ! twitter: @unjordynary, ig:@un.jordyn.ary
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.