HerCampus Hears You: Ask Caira

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

My professor is stressing me out. She doesn’t make sense when she explains the topics and she’s not committed to her office hours. What do I do? I’m afraid I’ll fail my class and I’ve already been to the tutoring center.

You have a plethora of options here.

One you could honestly just go ahead and talk to your professor after class. Express to him or her that you’ve made multiple attempts to see them, because you are very confused during lectures. Sometimes professors just need to be put in check. They may assume that nobody ever comes to their office hours anyhow , so they don’t take that time seriously.

Also it’s vital to connect with your classmates. Start a group chat where you guys can plan times to meet up and study. Sometimes it’s easier to have things explain from a peer rather than the professor.

Lastly, I would suggest to connect online. Go make a tweet or a post asking anyone who’s had this particular professor or class and see what they did to get through it. Don’t stress. The school year has only just begun. Stay optimistic and keep pushing through.

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.