The Her Behind HerCampus NCAT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

It was only six months ago that Ciarra Crowe decided to bring HerCampus to the great university of North Carolina A&T and for that we are grateful! Since its arrival, HerCampus has opened many networking opportunities, created a source of dialogue for us talented and ambitious students of A&T, and has also given the average student a platform to display their talents and ideas. The school year is coming to an end and we figured it would only be right that everyone gets to know the Her Campus pioneer of North Carolina A&T!

Name: Ciarra Crowe

Hometown: Woodbridge, VA

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Journalism & Mass Communications

Campus Involvement:

What made you want to bring HerCampus to A&T?

One day I was searching for blogging networks for college students and I came across this thing called Her Campus. I thought it was an awesome way for students to put their opinions out there for the world to see while still getting credible writing experience. I also wanted to give Her Campus another HBCU chapter because diversity is key in a large organization like Her Campus.

What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned from your first year of leading HerCampus?

It’s important to be on top of things and stay focused.

If you could bring back any musician from the past who would it be and why?

Selena. I recently watched her documentary with my friend and she seemed like such an amazing artist. She would have really changed the music industry and paved a way for Hispanic artists in America’s music industry.

If you could make a PSA to the world, what would it be?

Love one another and spread kindness.

Advice for rising college freshmen girls?

I know it might be scary or nerve racking, but don’t be afraid to join organizations and make new friends.

What is something not many people know about you?

I have actually dabbled in songwriting before, but my main focus is writing short stories.

Would you rather spend a day with Beyonce, intern for Obama, or win a $50,000 lottery?

This is a tough question to answer, but I would have to say Beyonce. Personally I would learn more from Beyonce about self-love and being confident and being a powerful woman in our society.

What would your ideal spring/summer day consist of?

I love to be outside so I would definitely want to do an activity outside like play mini golf, go to the zoo, or go the amusement park. Then I would love to go get a bite to eat and finish the day relaxing outside with music, a book, or great company.

What is your favorite college memory?

My favorite college memory is the snowball fight last winter in January or February of 2015 really late at night. There were so many people in the Village’s Quad throwing snowballs everywhere. It was like a scene out of a movie and I had so much fun with my friends.

If you could give the younger you any piece of advice, what would it be?

You don’t have to please everyone, only do what you love and love yourself!

What more can we expect from HerCampus/NCAT next year?

We can expect to really pop out on campus and interact more with students whether it’s our giveaways, programs, or anything fun!

Aspire to inspire.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.