Campus Profile: Who’s Jose Gomez? Your Mister Freshman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Name: Jose Gomez

Hometown: Durham, North Carolina

Classification: Freshman Major: Nursing

Career Goals: Registered Nurse

Campus Involvement: SGA

Social Media: Twitter and IG and Snapchat: presidentj

1. What made you want to run for Mister Freshman?

When I first got to college I was a little nervous from being the first in my family to attend college and attending the number one HBCU in the country. So when I got here and I got to meet everybody, all the Aggies, the old and the new, the students, faculty and staff- I felt like I had a new place to call home and a new family and I just wanted to share that message with all of my class. I feel like every student should experience that feeling of having an Aggie family.

2. Who is your number one role model?

Nobody really. I just stay true to myself. But my mom and dad are working really hard for me and my sister to to have this life, and I don’t want to waste this opportunity. All that they went through, I don’t want to just throw it away. I don’t want to make it seem like it’s not a big deal, because it is.

3. What made you want to be a nurse?

I like really helping others. Why not be a nurse? I would say I’m a really good people person and it pays well too.

4. Do you have any interesting facts that no one really knows about you or wouldn’t expect?

I don’t drink. I don’t smoke. I don’t drink soda, I don’t like coffee, I don’t like pickles, I don’t like tomatoes, and I don’t like onions.

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Hypocrites

6. Would you prefer ice cream or cake?

Ice cream

7. What is your fantasy GHOE lineup?

The old Wayne, Drake, Young Thug, Lil Uzi, and nobody really knows him but, Londrelle.

8. If you could give the younger you any piece of advice, what would it be?

Take the harder classes and like Andre 3000 said: keep your hearts 3 stacks, keep yo heart, these girls are smart!

10. How is college going for you so far?

Good. It’s fun. I’m getting involved a lot like in high school. Both, with school related events and with students. I know a lot of people. The first karaoke night, I didn’t go to because I was doing homework, and I heard a lot of people got put out and that was when I was running for Mister Freshman. So my friend Aaron had a speaker and they were playing music and we were passing out flyers and wristbands and my other friend was holding a poster, and we ended up having a party at the clocktower.   *Special note: I just want to say that I couldn’t have done campaigning for Mister Freshman without the T.R.I.O.- they’re like my family. I couldn’t have done it without them.

Aspire to inspire.
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.