8 Tips on How to Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

1. Don’t Isolate Yourself

Boo-hooing in your room can’t possibly be the best way to spend this love infested holiday. So get out and spend some time with people who care about you. Animals count too.

2. Pamper Yourself

Take a hot bubble bath, get a massage, or both. Spend today showing yourself some extra love, because you definitely deserve it.

3. Family Valentine

Valentine’s day is not reserved for just baes. Spend time with your siblings, parents, or cousins. Plan a special family outing or a game night. Remember nobody loves you like your family.

4. Community Service/Volunteer

People in homeless shelters and retirement homes need love on this holiday too. So take some time out and give a little love to those who may not get enough everyday.

5. Travel and Get Out of Town

Pack up your bags and hit the road. Go to the beach, neighboring town or city, and surround yourself in a new environment for the day.

6. Retail Therapy

Buy yourself your own Valentine’s Day gift or gifts!

7. Chick Flick Night

I think this one is self explanatory. Spend your Valentine’s Day going through your collection of your favorite movies.

8. Food, Food, and More Food

Can’t have enjoy a movie night on an empty stomach. Go big or go home and enjoy all your guilty pleasures this Valentine’s Day.

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.