This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nanyang Tech chapter.

bL KTcVuw89C95h RfxT361lQRaYAHP8h6ahGX5Mbbo9ZQvMhkWBzT60tW7w0gw S8gXsNOF7MLvsdOrHZVT

The Female-driven brand, blood, is the new, raving, local startup that provides game-changing feminine-care products that are not only one of its kind in the industry, but also created by a team of female scientists. blood is a company that provides products created by women, for women, to ensure that their products are nothing but high quality essentials that we seek for during our monthly periods. They started out with producing MenstruHeat, which are self-warming stick-on pads for bad period cramps. Now they have progressed to produce a line of innovative menstrual pads, made from corn! 

On first look the inner padding is pearlescent and silk-smooth to the touch, which seems to affirm the hypoallergenic and antibacterial faculties stated on the packaging. And from trying it out during the starting phases of my period where flow is more heavy, I could see that there are fewer blood clots and the blood is drier than most pads that I have used previously from other brands. It is said that their pads use a special “GushDry” technology which is supposed to aid in 3x faster absorption. 

Besides which, upon purchasing a pack of their menstrual pads, the packaging would have a QR code which will lead you to their app. Their app helps you track your period and even has a couple function, where you and your partner can both get updates about your menstrual cycles, and you can get better support from your partner! This very thoughtful move in a period tracking app can serve to better outline blood as a brand that is looking to support females better in their journey with their bodies. 

Personally, what I like most about the brand is their no-nonsense packaging, bright red in colour to signify its purpose, and its clear instructions shown, even going the extra mile to provide a product comparison with other brands’ which use cotton or plastic.

A big feature of this product is that it is made out of corn, making it environmentally-friendly, as it is made from a 100% biodegradable corn topsheet. Current productions of period products like pads and tampons often end up in landfills, before breaking down after a long period of time as microplastics that get washed into our oceans and seas, and polluting the earth further. By using this product, we would be able to do our part in saving the environment, while receiving the care that we need and deserve.

At an affordable price of just $6.45, their pads are definitely worth a try. Use code: NTUHC30 for 30% OFF your first order of their pads, liners or panty pads (capped at $6, valid till 30 Nov 2022) Head over to their site to try their corn pads out now. This might just be the next go to feminine brand we have all been waiting for. 

Aline Ang

Nanyang Tech '24

Hoping to be the change for a better world... Email: enilaangjialin@gmail.com Insta: @lovethyself.lin