pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Stories: Bryce Takes Music

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Manhattanville attracts students who have different passions. I promise you that if you were to walk around and ask someone about their passion, you can get a different answer on why that is their passion. Bryce Cammarata’s passion happens to be the guiding force for his choice of study at Manhattanville College. Bryce is a senior from Staten Island, New York and is majoring in Music Business. He is involved in the new ASL (American Sign Lanugage) Club that is coming soon, new music projects and works as a tour guide for admissions. He recently just turned 21 and has been making the best out of his final year on campus.

Music is a huge deal at Manhattanville from the many music related clubs to the student performances, you can find music everywhere on campus. This demonstrates why music business is a popular major. “I wanted to study music business becaused I interned as Warner Music Group in high school.” he explained. “And the industry seems to be a nice fit for me because I would like to be a creative artist and manage myself.” 

As you can probably tell, music is a huge part of Bryce’s life. He listens to a wide range of music, but name a few of his favorites. “Billy Joel, Men Without Hats, the Blue Man Group, and Stevie Wonder.” he said confidently.

As for inspiration, Bryce mentioned that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson happens to be his inspiration for a very unique reason. “He’s there even when you don’t want him to be.” he said and further explained how Dwayne has been in films that people never expected him to be in. He then tied that into a bigger point about him as a person. “I feel like I should be that inspiration to everyone around me. If you need me I’ll be there, but if you don’t you’ll still know who I am.”

Bryce is filled with personality and is always around to make you laugh. This can be backed up by many of his friends who all agree that he is a ball of engery. I must even admit that during this interview he had me laughing more than once from his funny side comments to his facial expressions as he thought of his answers. “I think they would describe me as intelligent, impeccable and creative.” he said while friends in the background laugh at his comedic voice.

Just like many seniors on campus, it’s time to start thinking of the furture and what’s next. “Ideally, I would like to be at Warner Music Group.” Bryce said hopefully. He believes this can be possible thanks to his education at Manhattanville. “I feel prepered to be in the music industry because of the time and hard work that my professors have given me. I feel that I’m ready to now take all of the enegry and time spent building me and being able to use it on someone else later.” he said passionately.

Look out for Bryce on campus and be sure to strike up a conversation with him. I promise you will not regret it.

Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.