Senior Spotlights : Sarah Schultz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Sarah Schultz is a senior here at Manhattanville College. A Marketing major with a concentration in Finance and a minor in Management, Sarah spends her summers at home in East Moriches, New York, located at the tip of Long Island. While there, Sarah spends her time working at the Cotton Caper, a small boutique where she not only does sales, but helps with their social media presence, putting her major to the test.

Working at the boutique has supplemented Sarah’s passion for the fashion industry, giving her the opportunity to test out a small scale version of her dream job. “I hope to work for a company’s marketing department. A fashion company would be ideal but I’m open to anything to start out.” The fashion industry and its trends have always drawn Sarah in, “When I was little I even created my own fashion magazine that would have a new edition monthly.”

Sarah has taken this childhood passion and put it into her work as the Treasurer and staff writer of Her Campus Mville! “Her Campus has helped me learn how to work well with others and plan events. It has taught me that nothing is impossible and hard work gets you far in life.” Sarah had taken opportunities with HC Mville to model in College Fashion Week and see how a fashion event truly works. Not only has she modeled in the event, but she’s also attended, giving her great insights in the industry she dreams to be a part of.

But of course, Sarah didn’t come to Manhattanville just for Her Campus (we weren’t even around yet!) “I choose Mville because it felt like a small knit community that I would be comfortable living in. The class size and the pretty campus helped me make my decision.” Through that community Sarah has found her place, “The best part of Manhattanville for me is making friends who turned into family, and creating memories with them that I’ll never forget. My friends have made my college journey amazing. Each one brings something different to the table and my friend group really balances each other out. They really help me through everything and have made my years at Mville unforgettable.” At the heart of her memories, interestingly enough, is Taco Bell. “While the cheesy roll ups are amazing its became a place of tradition with my friends. We enjoying going there to get away from the cafe food and catch up on our week”

Her Manhattanville journey has been shaped by more than Taco Bell and friends, though. Professors and classes have impacted her as well, “Professor Bardsley really helped me focus on my school work and take classes that will lead me in the right direction at learning the skills I need for my future career path. Consumer behavior with Professor Cohelo really helped me gain an understanding of the material by using real world examples that made it easier to understand. He always included his own personal photos for example an advertisement on the subway he rode which I thought was a nice touch.”

In ten years Sarah hopes to be working her dream job, “Hopefully working for a company like J. Crew managing their marketing department.” But career isn’t the only thing important for Sarah in her future. “I also hope to have a loving family who supports my work and enjoys going to the beach as much as I do!”

If you happen to run into Sarah, here are some thing you can chat about! But do it soon, she’ll only be here until May!

Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..