books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Jasmine Villegas ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Name: Jasmine Villegas

Hometown: Norwalk, Connecticut

Major: Business Management with a concentration in International Management

Minor: Italian

Why did you pick your major/minor?: “I love learning different cultures and new environments. I want to travel.”

Why did you decide to come to Manhattanville?: “Because of the small community and how diversed it is.”

What are five words people would use to describe you?: “Funny, honest, weird, easygoing and adventerous.”

What is your favorite class and why?: “World Literature and Film because of how different cultures affect one another. Sometimes it brings peace other times chaos.”

What would you do if you won the lottery?: “I would backpack Europe. I wouldn’t plan out where I would go and just take day by day.”

What is your biggest piece of advice?: “Don’t ever let someone tell you what you can and can’t do in life. You are the one who controls your own life. No one else does or should.”

Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.