This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Now that Thanksgiving break is coming to an end, I feel the same rush of panic I always feel. You suddenly remember the assignments due when you get back to school and other responsibilities you may have. I’m one of the busiest people you may ever meet. Everyday I have something to do. Even on the one day I have completely free a week, I still have something to do. Being home for the last few days made me realize how important it is to take a break from your chaotic schedule. Here are my top three reasons why.

Restoring Your Body

You may be running around a lot and may be used to staying up until 2 am, but your body is exhausted. I always push through everyday with a cup of tea or coffee and act like my body is perfectly fine, but it’s drained. The days I magically get to sleep in is such a blessing. When you’re on a break, you can do just that. You can sleep in, nap as much as you want, consume less caffeine and eat right. When I return back to school my body feels so refreshed because I gave it a break from all the bad habits.

Resting Mentally

I don’t know about you, but when I have a lot to do and I overthink everything at once I feel like my brain is about to split in half. By having break and spending time with family and friends, you’re doing good for your mental health. Even seeing your pets can make you feel a lot better. Along with sleeping and eating right, by doing what you want and not worrying about school work for awhile you can feel more mentally stable when you return to school. You can not stress out for once and just focus on being present.

Reorganizing

I take time off to reorganize my life. To be honest, I’m a hot mess sometimes. I may have everything planned out, but then something always comes up and I push things off. I take breaks to do the things on my to do list that never got done. For example, cleaning my long over due makeup brushes or finishing that book just for pleasure. I’ll even update my planner. This is your time to do what you need to do for yourself.

Now that we’re about to go into the last couple of weeks of the semester, remember to appreciate every break you get. Do what you must to keep yourself grounded and ready to take on the next challenges. Just remember, two weeks from now we’ll be off for an entire month. That’s worth it.

Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.