Holiday Makeup Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

I love the holiday season. Everything from family to fashion, it’s just a great season. When it comes to holiday makeup, you can always rock the simple red lip. While this is classic, it’s fun to mix it up. Here are 5 inspirational makeup looks to try for the holiday season!

1. Candy Cane Liner A festive and simple way to take your eye makeup to the next level! All you need is a white and red liquid eye liner to achieve this look.
  2. Settle Glitter Eyes Instead of glitter over the entire eye lid, try this simple eye look! A little glitter on the lower lash line is not only festive, but it makes the eyes appear more open.
  3. Cut Crease The cut crease is very popular! You can do it with glitter liner or just regular eye shadows. It changes up your everyday look!
  4. Matte Eyes and Cranberry Lips Matte eyes are not very common for the holidays. Do a deep matte eye look with a pop of cranberry! It looks fierce and festive without going too overboard.
  5. Pop of Color Pop of color on the lower lashline really adds a lot to the eye! You can do red, green or any other holiday colors. This has to be a personal favorite of mine.
Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.