alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Parts of Being An Early Childhood Education Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

If you are an Education major you hear the following sentence more often then you would like to say, “So your job is basically babysitting.” Early Childhood is an extremely important time in a child’s life. It is during this time that their brains are being shaped for the future. A lot of people don’t feel this way, but that doesn’t matter to all of us EC majors, we need to stick together and enjoy the great parts of learning how to teach children!!

1. Pictures

The pictures a little kid draws for you are the sweetest things in the world. When a child gives you one of their pictures it is the highest compliment. They are saying they like you soo much they trust you with something they worked sooooo hard on and are sooo proud of. And if that doesn’t warm your heart and make you smile, then I have no clue what will.

1. Hugs

Children love giving hugs. No matter if they just meet you are if you see them everyday all day. Hugs are something they will give to anyone and everyone. Kids’ hugs are the best because they give tight, never letting go kind of hugs. And those are the best kinds!!

1. Playing Games

I don’t know what you do in a business class normally, but in an education class there is 99% chance that you will play some kind of game at least once in the class if not once a week. And who doesn’t love playing a game that will probably end with you all laughing.

1. Child Logic

If you have ever asked a child a question or listened to them explain something you know sometimes what they say is a little weird and out there. This is one of my favorite things about working with children. They have such a big imagination, and they don’t really care if what they are saying is true or not. Their answers always amaze me, because they can understand some things that some adults can’t. It truly amazes me and never fails to make me laugh.

1. Not Sitting Behind A Desk All Day

Sure when you are a teacher you have a desk to sit at, but how many times have you actually seen a teacher sitting behind it for extended periods of time? Teachers are always on the move especially early childhood teachers. They are playing dress-up, or painting, or reading a book. In a classroom there is no sitting behind a desk and not moving for 8 hours.

Hi!! I'm Stacey! I'm a Senior at Manhattanville College! Class of 2016! I'm a Early Childhood Education and English Lit. major!! I'm the Secretary for Her Campus Mville.