This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Warmer weather means changes in not only fashion, but makeup. That heavy foundation you wear for winter may not be so smart now or that non-waterproof mascara may not be a good choice. Here are some beauty essentials for spring that will keep you looking glowing and fresh without a lot of the usual products you pile on.

1. BB or CC Cream

This is a lighter tinted formula that can take the place of foundation. It has creams and sunscreen to keep your skin moisturized and protected from the sun. My top recommendations? For drugstore try Maybelline BB Cream and for high end try Tarte or Smashbox BB creams.

2. Waterproof Mascara

It may seem crazy, but waterproof mascara is a must for the warmer months. You won’t have to worry about your sweat causing your mascara to fade and if a splash of water just so happens to hit your face you’ll be good! Even if you cry you’ll still have perfect lashes. It’s also easy to remove with an oil based eye makeup remover. My drugstore recommendation is the Maybelline Waterproof Rocket Mascara and the high end is the Benefit Waterproof BADgal Mascara.

3. Oil Blotting Sheets/Oil Free Face Primer

If you have oily skin like me, your skin gets out of control in the wamer months. Your skin becomes an oily mess and leads to your makeup sliding. To keep your face oil free and fresh throughout the day, invest in oiling blotting sheets and a good oil free primer. For drugstore I recommend E.L.F. Oil Blotting Sheets and Rimmel Stay Matte Primer. For high end I recommend Tarte Not So Slick Oil-Absorbing Blotting Papers and Benefit Porefessional Face Primer.

4. Tinted Eyebrow Gel

This sounds silly, but hear me out. In the warmer months your brows can go all over the place because of sweating. Instead of using a regular eyebrow filler and a brow gel, use a tinted brown gel. It won’t only just keep your brows in place, but it will fill them in and make them look naturally shaped and filled. Less steps for perfect brows! A drugstore option can be the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara. A high end mascara can be the Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel.

5. Lip Balm/Tinted Lip Balm

Lastly, you need a good lip product. Lip balm is always important for colder months, but in the spring you want something with a little color to keep your face fresh and awake. It also adds a nice glow. A drugstore recommendation is the Maybelline Baby Lips and a high end recommendation is the Korres Lip Butter.

What are your makeup essentials for spring? Tweet us @hercampusmville and let us know! We would love to hear your recommendations.

Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.