5 Easy Ways to Remove Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Removing makeup can be a pain. I would know since I live and breathe makeup. I almost wear it everyday and my collection is certainly YouTube beauty guru worthy. I will admit thought, taking off makeup is the WORST! I always run out of makeup wipes and never have a chance to always pick up another pack. Due to this, I have discovered 5 ways for me to remove makeup and do good to my skin at the same time!

1. Coconut Oil Coconut oil is not only just used for cooking, but it can be used to remove makeup! The oily base even works to take off anything waterproof. It also adds moisture to your skin which is always a plus!
  2. Olive Oil Yes, olive oil works too! I’ve used this plenty of times. As long as there is not additional flavors added to it, pure oilve oil works to remove makeup and keep your skin super soft.
  3. Vaseline Not my favorite product to use, but vaseline also works! I like to use it to melt off my foundation and remove any stubborn lipstick I may have.
  4. Baby Wipes Believe it or not, baby wipes can remove makeup pretty well! It takes off all of my face makeup with easy and if you wet it with a bit of water it does the job in removing eye makeup.
  5. Face Lotion Believe it or not, using your face lotion can actually remove makeup! The oil properties easily melts away makeup.
Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.