This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Have you ever been super stressed or just felt like you are completely lost? Sometimes in life things go wrong and life gets messy. This world is crazy overall, and oftentimes we as human beings get an idea in our head as for how things should go, and if they don’t go as planned we tend to get upset. Sometimes it leads to bad thoughts or feelings, and you fall in a deep dark place. This is when you need to remember that you’re not alone.

Life can be tough, and you may feel as if you can’t handle it anymore or as if you are alone in this big world. When you have these thoughts, you just have to remember that there is always someone you can talk to who cares. If you find yourself thinking so deeply into this hole that you contemplate committing suicide or harming yourself in any way, you need to stop and realize how blessed you are to be on this earth. You should never feel stupid, flawed or weak because these thoughts can overwhelm you and drag you farther into that deep dark place. You just have to be aware that you’re never alone, and no matter how helpless and unimportant you think you are, each and every person is truly unique and special.

At Murray State my friend started a student organization called the BrAvery Foundation because she is very passionate about making more people aware of this serious issue. If you too are passionate about helping, then please contact me further to learn more about this organization. Suicide is a very serious topic and should never be taken lightly by anyone. If you ever have any of these feelings than you need to contact someone immediately. Tell your family, friends, or call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.

Alyssa is currently in her sophomore year at Murray State University. She appreciates nothing more than chick-fil-a's wonderful customer service as well as their food, a good netflix series, and a night of playing card/board games. In her very rare free time, you can find her playing sports. spending money on clothes and shoes, and eating mexican food. She plans to pursue a career in Elementary Education where she is able to provide each child with a home away from home. You can find her on twitter & instagram @Busche12