This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Masks! Everyone needs them right now, but they can sometimes be hard to find. Here are the best places to purchase face masks.

Etsy

This is where I’ve bought some of my favorite masks. There are so many patterns and sizes available that it’s nearly impossible to not find one you like. The majority of masks on Etsy are hand made or produced by a small business. For a lot of Etsy creators, their online shop is their main source of income, so I always feel good shopping from there. Most of the masks are under $15. Some of my favorite stores on Etsy for masks are: pinnyandtunny, linkcollective, and heyjanuary.

Murray Farmers Market (or your local market!)

There are normally two or three vendors selling face masks at the farmers market every Saturday downtown. These are ladies who make them in their homes and sell them along with their other goods. Again, it’s a great way to support locals.

Local Businesses

There are several local stores and boutiques that I know are selling masks. Yet another way to support local businesses. One place that I know is selling masks is Ribbon Chix. They are located off of 12th street next to Jasmines.

Facebook Marketplace

If you’re lucky you may be able to find someone selling masks on Facebook marketplace. I bought a pack off of Facebook earlier this summer and they are my favorite masks. Often times these are people who make masks at home and sell them from their house. Make sure to bring a friend when picking up items off of Facebook!

Redbubble

Redbubble is the place to go if you want really fun patterns. They have lots of funny sayings and patterns. You can pretty much find a mask with anything you want on it. For the most part, all the masks are under $15.

Kroger/Walmart

Both of these stores have the generic masks that come in packs if you’re desperate. They’re not very cute but they get the job done.

Various Retailers

You can purchase masks at online stores like Amazon or from stores like Old Navy, Target, and Dicks. I’m sure most places actually are making them and selling them. If all else fails, buy from one of these stores. I recommend trying to find masks from a local or small business first before buying from a big corporation.

Hannah Kamman

Murray State '22

Hannah Kamman is an elementary education major at Murray State University. In her spare time, she enjoys watching movies, spending time outside and cuddling with her cat. She is a dance teacher and a tree hugger.
Callie Smith is a senior public relations major with nonprofit leadership studies and theatre minors at Murray State University. She is a lover of Jesus, an avid YA reader and a listener of Broadway records. In her spare time, she loves to watch The Umbrella Academy, Arrested Development, Veep and The X-Files. She loves to bake, perform, read and spend all the time she can with her friends. Callie's plans include working in public relations for a nonprofit organization she loves. Callie is the President and Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Murray State.