This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I’m so excited that fall is just around the corner. In an effort to contain my excitement about my favorite season, I’ve compiled a list of makeup, movies, music and more that you should check out this October.

Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Swirl Iced Coffee

Photo courtesy of Branden Harvey

PSLs are a thing of the past. Even though I’m a sucker for Starbucks (and am on my way to a gold card might I add), while at Murray, I love to get Dunkin’ Donuts. I even had to limit myself to only buying Dunkin’ on weekends when I work. So this weekend my entire 4 a.m. to 8 a.m. shift, I was imagining what kind of coffee I was going to get. I was looking on the Dunkin’ Donuts website and saw that they had pumpkin iced coffee, so I decided to give it a shot! Let me tell you, I was not disappointed.

The Cravings Cookbook by Chrissy Teigen

Yes, the cookbook of all millennials that every blogger out there seems to own. I am a cookbook fanatic and an avid Food Network viewer, thus I am always a little skeptical of celebrity cookbooks. But on a trip to Target, I decided to flip through it, and I was obsessed and decided to buy it. It contains amazing recipes that are pretty easy, and her commentary on them is hilarious. Plus there are adorable pictures of her and her hubby John Legend! Whatever kind of food you’re into (or if you’re just looking for a pretty coffee table book-no judgments from me) I’m sure you’ll find something that you’ll love in this cookbook!  

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before

Photo courtesy of freestocks.org

If you haven’t heard of this movie, what are you doing? It’s popping right now! I am literally watching it with two of my roommates while writing this. If you’re not a scary movie fan this spooky season, feel free to pop some popcorn, cuddle up on the couch with your Halloween socks and give this movie a try (or twelve).

Lauv

Photo courtesy of Daniel Chekalov​

My favorite recently discovered artist is Lauv. At first, I heard his song, “I Like Me Better,” and then some of his other songs came up on my YouTube recommended and have been on repeat ever since. My top two right now are “Easy Love” and “Paris in the Rain.” I definitely recommend checking them out on those chilly fall mornings getting ready for school or while you’re driving to work. They’re hype, yet mellow which I’ve discovered is my go-to style of music.

Covergirl TruBlend Matte Liquid Foundation

I saw a commercial for this and was immediately intrigued. It showed a person putting the foundation on, and then rubbing their face on a white shirt. Risky! And of course, it didn’t transfer! Again, like the skeptic I am, I decided to try it for myself! And though it does somewhat transfer after all day wear, the consistency is very cooling and stays in place a few moments after you put it on. For any of you makeup junkies looking for a good drugstore dupe, this foundation is for you.

That concludes my October list of things that I hope you’ll try! If anything, I hope this motivates you to step out of your comfort zone and try things that you don’t normally do this fall season, whether that be trying out some funky fall fashion trends or merely switching up your coffee order!

Sarah is a senior Dietetics major. She loves to be involved and keep busy, so you will probably see her drinking an iced coffee. She also enjoys binging HGTv and Food Network.