This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Photo courtesy of myself

It is the start of my senior year and I am finding myself in a bitter sweet state of mind. It seems like just yesterday I was moving into my first dorm room and wandering around campus like a lost puppy dog. I am now a confident senior and I am beyond excited for this next chapter in my life, but school is everything I have ever known. I am still unsure of what life after college holds for me, but I do know that it is a journey I cannot wait to face.

While I have enjoyed my college experience this far, I cannot help but think that there is still so much I have not yet experienced. I really want to make this year count and experience all that Murray State University has to offer. I know this year is going to fly by, even though it does not seem like it at the moment. I need to enjoy this year and live my life to the fullest.

Here are a few promises that I aim to keep to myself during my final year as a college student. Though some may seem minimal, they are still important and I know they will make my senior year the ULTIMATE year. 

• I promise to sing karaoke at Lucky’s on Thursday nights.
  • I promise to not procrastinate, even when my senioritus is kicking in. 
  • I promise to finally get an internship.
  • I promise to try a new restaurant in Murray every month. 
  • I promise to get off my ass, find a gym buddy and finally get that body I’ve been talking about since freshman year. 
  • I promise to get to know more people in my classes and make more connections. 
  • I promise to attend Homecoming and finally go to the football games.
  • I promise to dress nice for class at least three days a week.
  • I promise to attend more social events and gain more relationships with my sorority sisters.
  • I promise to do yoga, journal and draw more. 
  • I promise to make a true connection with at least one of my professors. 
  • I promise to try my best and not be too hard on myself. 

By keeping these promises to myself, I am sure to leave Murray State with the best college experience that will last a lifetime. 

Cierra is a Michigan native living in Murray, KY. Her major is Public Relations with a minor in Creative Writing. She is a founding member of Delta Zeta Rho Alpha.