This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

After two years of quiet from the former One Direction member, Harry Styles, he finally released a new song. Harry’s music is described as soft rock and you really get that feeling from his song titled Kiwi. It would be a safe assumption to say that Kiwi is his most favored song off of his self-titled debut album. 

Two years after the One Direction hiatus was put into place, Harry released a self-titled album that captured his emotions and brought his fans on a ride. His debut solo album could put you through a rollercoaster of emotions; making you want to headbang, cry in a dark room or slow dance with your partner. You can never get enough of the first album, so this is why his fandom went insane when he tweeted “Do”.

(Image Credit: The Sun)

In a recent interview, Harry stated that he honestly doesn’t remember even tweeting that. He said that he was half asleep and decided to tease the new single. Although his excitement was through the roof, his management wasn’t too fond of his decision to tease the single.

Five days after the iconic tweet made its appearance, Harry finally released his new hit single, Lights Up. Lights Up was released as a music video on October 10, 2019. The music video now has 30 million views and it hasn’t even been out for a month. Within the song, Harry says, “Do you know who you are?” which explains why he tweeted, “Do”. Prior to the song’s release, multiple posters were put up saying, “Do you know who you are?” continuing the tease and lengthening the antagonizing wait for the new single. 

(Image credit: @fireproofruth via Twitter)

Since the release of Lights Up many people within the fandom are predicting the release of Watermelon Sugar that was teased October 22, 2019, when Harry tweeted, “Kiwi walked so Watermelon Sugar could run.”

Since this tweet was posted, Harry has been teasing an album and also announced his appearance on Saturday Night Live on November 16, 2019. He is planning on hosting and performing. It is at this performance, fans speculate that he will debut Watermelon Sugar

Since Harry broke his musical silence on October 10, he announced his second album, Fine Line, to be released on December 13, 2019. He announced this on November 4. The internet has been going nuts with this recent announcement and is counting down the days.

(Image credit: Celeb Mix)

It seems that within the past month, Harry Styles has taken over the internet world and stealing people’s hearts. Some say he is ruining lives but in a good way. I guess I understand that because honestly, the man has ruined mine too. 

Grace is a freshman at Murray State and is from Newburgh, Indiana. She is majoring in psychology and minoring in cognitive science. Grace loves to mess around with make-up and is obsessed with skincare. You can find Grace on twitter and Instagram at @graaciexx!