“Avengers: Endgame” Killed Me and Gave Me Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Fair warning, though you should already know when you clicked this article, there will be Avengers: Endgame spoilers ahead.

You’ve been warned so don’t blame me for “Spoiling the Endgame.”

First off, thanks a lot Marvel and Russo brothers for the heartbreak. I was expecting it but boy was I not prepared. I honestly don’t think any kind of preparing could have stopped me from crying.

Yes, I did bawl like a little baby in the movie theater while my friend sat beside me with no tears in her eyes. I am not ashamed.

Black Widow sacrificing herself for the Soul Stone broke my heart. Hawkeye’s reaction broke my heart even more. Tony’s death just put the icing on the cake and ripped my whole heart out, especially his interaction with Pepper right before passing.

Though I knew something like that was going to happen, I had this tiny shred of hope that Thanos would be defeated, everyone would live and the world would be great again.

Some people are amazed at the length of the movie. Three hours is a long time, but the time passed rather quickly. It really helped to build the anticipation for the much awaited battle scene.

I absolutely loved how Avengers: Endgame brought the entire crew together. Marvel is known for their movie crossovers, but this crossover was the crossover to end all crossovers. It was amazing.

Seeing as it was a three hour movie a lot happened. One tiny little thing I forgot happened— until by friend and I were eating later and I burst out in the middle of the restaurant with a really big “OH MY GOSH, I’m so stupid.” —was that during the trip down memory lane to get the infinity stones in different points in their timelines Loki escaped with the Tesseract, or Space Stone.

Amid all the chaos of finding the stones and defeating Thanos the Avengers seemed to forget this little detail as well.

Now let’s throwback to when Tom Hiddleston made this lovely post.

I can only imagine where Marvel will go with the storyline after Loki’s escape. I can’t help but wonder how it will affect the Avengers timeline.

Loki is a very unique character and his death in Avengers: Infinity War was most definitely not my favorite part. I was hoping in some way he would come back somehow.

Since we are talking about timelines, the big question is how will killing Thanos before he even finds the Infinity Stones not change the past?

Endgame closed some doors but it opened up a whole can of questions.

Let’s not skim over Tony and Pepper having a daughter. Tony Stark with a daughter is one of the cutest things ever. Throwing this character dynamic in there really added to the heartbreak. I can’t wait to see where they go with his daughter’s storyline, if they decide to go anywhere with it. I hope they do.

Honestly despite the sadness it was a really great movie and how its been Hulk-smashing (bad pun I know) the box office is proof of that.

I definitely recommend. I especially recommend seeing it in 3-D. It was amazing and really added to the experience.

If you are reading this and have already seen it, I feel your pain. If you are reading this, have not seen it yet and are a very emotional person like me, bring some tissues…you’ll need them.

Alexis Schindler

Murray State '22

Alexis is a television production major at Murray State University with a passion for writing. She can often be found with her nose stuck in a book or binge watching her favorite tv shows. Despite their corniness, she loves Hallmark movies and romantic comedies. She wants to travel the world, and London is at the top of her list. Alexis is the Senior Editor for Her Campus Murray State.