books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

7 Super Snacks for Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Hello finals, goodbye sleep, Netflix, and scheduled meal times. It’s a rough time of year for students–nobody likes studying. But some of these yummy, easy-to-grab snacks will make your studying that much less painful. Enjoy!

1. Beef jerky sticks. These things are way underrated. They’re yummy, not too expensive, and easily accessible in most convenience stores. Add a bit of protein in with your junk food extravaganza!

2. Trail mix

(image courtesy of cheatsheet.com) 

The best part about it is, you can make it yourself and put in whatever delicious ingredients you want! Nuts, M&Ms, dried fruit, pretzels, raisins… (does anyone actually like raisins??)

3. Popcorn

(image courtesy of bunkblog.net)

Popcorn is a good food to mentally trick yourself. You normally eat popcorn while watching movies, which is fun. So maybe if you eat popcorn while studying, studying could also be fun. Right?

4. Fruit cups. Not only are these yummy, but they’re also healthy! My personal favorite is the apple slices and caramel. For the win.

5. Crackers and hummus. Hummus is quickly picking up speed as a delicious, popular snack. It’s reasonably healthy, and it’s something good to munch on as you stimulate all of those important brain cells.

6. Chocolate Awake bars

(image courtesy of trendhunterstatic.com)

God bless the soul that came up with these. They come in three different flavors: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and caramel. Not only are they chocolate (every studier’s best friend), but they are also packed with caffeine to help keep you awake and functioning. A must-have for those long study nights!

7. Coffee. Okay yes, granted, coffee is technically not a snack. But what’s a good long study session without a cup of coffee? Or two…or three…or nine…

Happy studying!

Sarah Stellhorn

Murray State '19

Sarah serves as an editor for Murray State's HC chapter. She is in her senior year at Murray State University, studying English and History Education. On campus, she's involved in her sorority, the Honors College, and several professional organizations, and she enjoys representing the college as Ms. Murray State University. She loves Jesus, coffee, and her dog Sadie, and in her (rare) free time she can usually be found curled up with headphones and a good book.