Travel Airplane Sky Sunset
Travel Airplane Sky Sunset
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

7 Places to Daydream About

I don’t know about you guys, but I am getting to that point in the semester where my stress level is peaking. When I get stressed to the max I try to think about how proud I will be of my hard work when I am successful and traveling the world. If you need a place outside the good old MKY to dream about, no worries! I’ve got you! 

Here are seven of the places my imagination takes me most often:  

Oia, Santorini, Greece

• White buildings lining steep cliffs and boats floating in the Aegean Sea. Bonus points if in your daydream you are singing Mama Mia with Meryl.

Paris, France

• Imagine this: You take the Chunnel into the city late one night. Your partner tells you to close your eyes. They guide you into a cab, then as you walk down a street. When they finally let you open your eyes, the Eiffel Tower is standing before you, lit to perfection. 

New York City, New York 

• Christmas time. Snow. Beautiful lights, decorative trees, and ice skating in Time Square. Talk about a main character moment. 

Maui, Hawaii 

• You go on an early morning hike, and then take the rest of the day to relax on the beach. As the sun sets you decide to take a helicopter ride above the island. 

Vail, Colorado 

• Hop on the lift and dangle your skis in the open air below you. As you near the top of the mountain you take in the scenery, white mountains for as far as the eye can see. 

Amsterdam, Netherlands

• Riding your bike alongside the Amstel River, keeping inventory in your mind of all the different color houses you pass. 

Chefchaouen, Morocco

• Skipping and dancing down the cobblestone streets, you and your friends have a photo shoot alongside the blue-washed walls. 

Julia Cwiklowski

Murray State '21

Julia Cwiklowski is a senior studying Advertising and Marketing at Murray State University. When she isn't studying, you can find her working out, listening to podcasts, or curled up with a good book. Julia loves to cook, go on hikes and hang with her friends. After graduation, Julia hopes to work as a project manager at an advertising agency.