This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

1. Shop local.

Local businesses are always in need of customers and some may have been hit hard during this pandemic. Be sure to give your local businesses some love!

2. Eat local.

Similarly to businesses, local restaurants or “mom and pop” restaurants were hit hard during this pandemic so try to order-in from your local restaurants around you! 

3. Reach out to your neighbors. 

There is always someone in need, so make sure your neighbors are safe. See if you can assist your at-risk neighbors with grocery shopping for them or just check in on them. 

4. Donate.

Donate to local organizations if you can. Certain charities and organizations can greatly help disenfranchised people from your community or those who may have been hit hard economically during this time. 

5. Stay home if possible.

Staying home is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19. By staying home you may be saving someone’s life. 

Skylar Baker

Murray State '24

Skylar Baker is a Biomedical Sciences Major at Murray State University. Her on campus activities include being a part of the Murray State Honors College, and participating in the Pre-Health Professionals Club, the Environmental Student Society, and of course Her Campus at Murray State! She is originally from Paris, TN and enjoys playing tennis and hiking when she is back home.